Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plasterer - help needed

Plasterer - help needed

Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future
Default Plasterer - help needed

I am moving to the Gold Coast in October 08 with my family. I am a plasterer and I just wanted to know if I need to take my own tools with me. If so, what tools shall I bring. Or is it easier to buy new tools when I get there?
Thanks for your help.
Marc
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Re: Plasterer - help needed

Hi Marc, i couldn't imagine not taking my own tools after having them for a number of years you get used to them and they fit your grip/feel comfortable, so if you can i would say take them mate.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Hi dont want to put a downer on your trip but we have quite a few clients that have same trade & none of them could get a jobs plastering as in the uk the job is not the same in oz. We got them jobs in building trade, just didnt want you to arrive then have the same problems as others. If you need any advise i can ask what the different plasterboard trades are called then you know what job you are going for,If possible bring your tools GARY
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey1of5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesfam
I am moving to the Gold Coast in October 08 with my family. I am a plasterer and I just wanted to know if I need to take my own tools with me. If so, what tools shall I bring. Or is it easier to buy new tools when I get there?
Thanks for your help.
Marc
Hi, hope you don't mind me asking but have you moved yet? If so how have you got on. My OH is also a plasterer, he is worried about work etc, but also whether or not to take his tools as he knows it is different over in Australia. We are planning on going to SA in August. Hope everything went well for you
Trace
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi tracey
From what i can make out,alot of it is taping n jointing!
Or alot of outside rendering!!

Your stumbling block will be wether he needs his qualifications sorting to meet the standards?

Im a plasterer,who is self taught(15yrs now) but i know there wont be alot of skimming to be done but i can also tape n joint.

I dont think i need a card in melbourne to plaster but dont know about all states?
good luck

jason
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Tracey1of5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Hi tracey
From what i can make out,alot of it is taping n jointing!
Or alot of outside rendering!!

Your stumbling block will be wether he needs his qualifications sorting to meet the standards?

Im a plasterer,who is self taught(15yrs now) but i know there wont be alot of skimming to be done but i can also tape n joint.

I dont think i need a card in melbourne to plaster but dont know about all states?
good luck

jason
Thanks Jason, don't think you need a licence in SA either. Think he'll be taking a few of his tools with him though, just as long as he can get them clean, plaster gets everywhere.
Good luck mate.
Trace