plasma to oz

Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default plasma to oz

Thinking of buying a my first plasma in the uk,will this be ok and work if i take it over to oz with me?if not then what is required to make it work,if its real new then i think there should be no worries,it has built in freeview i take it this part will not work in oz.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: plasma to oz

we bought a 42 inch plasma from the goodguys in brisbane cheaper than we could have got it from costco in the uk
you also have to take the risk of it not making the journey in good order
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:29 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, Panasonic TH42PX70 is about $2,200 here and around £900 in the uk so there's not much price difference.

Big risk to ship, and you'll have to pay extra insurance called Electrical/Mechanical Derangement to cover it I think
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I thought things like these where always more in oz,wish i waited now,i purchased a good deal on a plasma and thought be nice when i go to take with me as my main tv or as a spare,it was a good price.
anyone else taken there plasmas over and did you keep its box for packing it back into?
also will it work ok over there,as i will when i finally get over there have a container with stuff in it thought it was a good idea to get some stuff while over here to throw in,as will be costly for container anyway and will be a waste,and i always read on here best take everything.
Well i would not do that as most of my stuff is a bit dated,but slowely upgrading my stuff.
anyone recommend stuff thats a must to take over or wished they had,like sofa,beds bedroom furniture,washing machines etc,problem with some stuff is repairing them.

Also what about glass and say plaster figure is there extra insurance for them as i have a very large collection of plaster figures which i been collecting for about 8 years now,very rare and colletible and expensive too,was wondering how i would get on with them,yes i know there is a risk of getting broken but i will be packing these babies.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:34 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Plasma (flat screen) televisions are gaining popularity among consumers. There are a number of plasma monitors/televisions available on the market which can be used for many different applications including presentations, home video and as computer monitors. Because of their extremely high value and their susceptibility to damage, proper packing and handling are top priorities.

These monitors/TVs have wide screens but can be as thin as 3.5 inches which allows for placement flexibility. Even though some are designed for wall mounting, plasma units can be extremely heavy depending on size. Plasma monitors/TVs use a plasma medium and a mixture of gases to display digital signals. These gases are contained in thousands of sealed, low pressure glass chambers. Long electrodes are also sandwiched between the glass plates, on each side of the cells or chambers.

Our recommendation is that the customer or a qualified third party service company properly prepare the plasma monitor/TV for transport. Some retailers advise customers to retain the original packaging for this purpose. If the original packaging is not available, plasma monitors/TVs should be wrapped and crated for maximum protection. Preparation for transport involves removing the unit from the wall or stand (using two or more people) and disconnecting all cables and wires. Factory service dealers recommend covering the screen with a soft cloth (to prevent scratching) and placing the unit in a Styrofoam lined crate. Formed Styrofoam (3”-4” thick) should be placed at each of the four corners, allowing the unit to be elevated. It should not be placed directly on cardboard or the wood crate bottom. Additional Styrofoam (2”-3” thick) should be placed on the screen as well as the back side of the unit. Plasma monitors/TVs should remain in an upright position at all times – they are never to be laid flat nor on a side. If the item is lying flat at the origin residence, the descriptive inventory should be noted accordingly. The customer should be asked to sign/initial such notations to acknowledge the position and condition of the piece at origin. Plasma monitors/TVs should not be exposed to rain, moisture, excessive dust, direct sunlight or extreme temperatures. While loading the shipment, keep in mind that the plasma monitor/TV must remain upright.

Take note of this when they load your TV.................................mm
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Hi there,
Dont worry about it working as we brought 2 50inch panisonic plasma's with us. There fine and work well but your right about the free view. You will either need a digital ariel, a digi box or buy an ozzie vid or dvd player to get them to work.
BEWARE, if customs think it is new you will be charged duty on arrival of your container,
We got around this by opening box removing cables and remote and pack them seperatly. Also the power lead on the back of the tv, take of cable tie and try to straighten the cable cos if its all kinked it looks new, YOU KEPT YOUR BOX FROM WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT MORE THAN 12 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO OZ.
They need to be 12 months old
Good luck and dont worry as ours was fine and not even questioned
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lovealot
Hi there,
Dont worry about it working as we brought 2 50inch panisonic plasma's with us. There fine and work well but your right about the free view. You will either need a digital ariel, a digi box or buy an ozzie vid or dvd player to get them to work.
BEWARE, if customs think it is new you will be charged duty on arrival of your container,
We got around this by opening box removing cables and remote and pack them seperatly. Also the power lead on the back of the tv, take of cable tie and try to straighten the cable cos if its all kinked it looks new, YOU KEPT YOUR BOX FROM WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT MORE THAN 12 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO OZ.
They need to be 12 months old
Good luck and dont worry as ours was fine and not even questioned
or writing a statment saying it was a xmas present
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

bump