Reload this Page >

PLANNING TO GO TO SYDNEY IN JAN 2013

PLANNING TO GO TO SYDNEY IN JAN 2013

Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:16 am
✡-CollDaisy-✡

colldaisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PLANNING TO GO TO SYDNEY IN JAN 2013

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to go down all of the routes to get as much advice as possible.
I am 30 years old, turning 31 in September this year, however financially the earliest I can go to Australia is December this year or January next.
(saying this as I am aware you can only apply for a holiday visa up until the age of 30).

My plan is to get my visa as late as possible before turning 31 and then leave as soon as I have enough cash.

As I am applying for my visa in this way could anyone give me a realistic answer as to the time it takes from applying for your visa to actually having it issued and accepted?....

Please be patient with me as I'm sure I'll have many more questions

Thanks !

x
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLANNING TO GO TO SYDNEY IN JAN 2013

If you submit your application before you go to bed you'll probably have an approval email by morning...mine was more like 2 hours actually.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by colldaisy
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to go down all of the routes to get as much advice as possible.
I am 30 years old, turning 31 in September this year, however financially the earliest I can go to Australia is December this year or January next.
(saying this as I am aware you can only apply for a holiday visa up until the age of 30).

My plan is to get my visa as late as possible before turning 31 and then leave as soon as I have enough cash.

As I am applying for my visa in this way could anyone give me a realistic answer as to the time it takes from applying for your visa to actually having it issued and accepted?....

Please be patient with me as I'm sure I'll have many more questions

Thanks !

x
Someone at check in in Singapore didn't know they needed a visa so did it at customer service and came through immediately.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:46 am
✡-CollDaisy-✡

Ok cool thanks, but I was reading on the embassy website that it can take up to 8 weeks?....what sort of things would I make sure I have before I submit my application in order to avoid delay?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Just a passport I think? I got a tourist 12 month visa about 5 years ago and was 35 then. And did one for one of the kids last Easter that came through straight away. Maybe there's a working holiday visa that's different?
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

A WHV can be processed online within a couple of days but it is normally recommended to allow 4or 5 weeks in case your application is referred for some reason x
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:32 am
✡-CollDaisy-✡

Great thanks, yeh the tourist one will be different cos you can't work under that visa and I'll be looking to stay :-) xx
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colldaisy
Great thanks, yeh the tourist one will be different cos you can't work under that visa and I'll be looking to stay :-) xx
Little tip, when you arrive, if Immigration ask you, don't tell them you are planning to stay!! You will have a visa with a limited life and they expect you to be planning to return home at the end of that life. Obviously things may change once you're here, but your intention on arrival should just be to have a working holiday