Reload this Page >

Planning on bringing a pet over?

Planning on bringing a pet over?

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:30 am
Tyke and now an Aussie

NoodleSYD is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Planning on bringing a pet over?

Hi all,

I moved over to Sydney in 2001 and since then have been one of the BBC reporters out here and an occasional lurker on this forum.

I've got London (who control all the budgets) interested in doing a TV story about Pet Travel. Since there are a million and one shows about holidays, and travel for all of us I reckoned it was about time that the animals got a chance to be the star.

So, this message is an appeal for interest. If you're planning on relocating with your pet and you fancy sharing your experience with others then drop me a line, either as a thread reply or a pm.

Ideally, I'm looking for somebody who is planning on travelling in either direction in the next month. If you're interested, putting the tv story together takes about half a day of your time (for interviews etc.). Then we would film your four legged friend being checked in at one end and collected at the other. Instant stardom.

Christian
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning on bringing a pet over?

Originally Posted by NoodleSYD
Hi all,

I moved over to Sydney in 2001 and since then have been one of the BBC reporters out here and an occasional lurker on this forum.

I've got London (who control all the budgets) interested in doing a TV story about Pet Travel. Since there are a million and one shows about holidays, and travel for all of us I reckoned it was about time that the animals got a chance to be the star.

So, this message is an appeal for interest. If you're planning on relocating with your pet and you fancy sharing your experience with others then drop me a line, either as a thread reply or a pm.

Ideally, I'm looking for somebody who is planning on travelling in either direction in the next month. If you're interested, putting the tv story together takes about half a day of your time (for interviews etc.). Then we would film your four legged friend being checked in at one end and collected at the other. Instant stardom.

Christian
Hi Christian,

We are off to Brisbane on the 30th of this month, our cat "Holly" will be travelling from Heathrow about a week before us. She will be travelling to Sydney to stay there in quarantine for 30 days, then she will be sent on an internal flight to us.

As long as my wife agrees I would be happy to help you out.

Phil.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 7:48 am
Tyke and now an Aussie

NoodleSYD is an unknown quantity at this point

Very many thanks for your emails and pm's about your pets. I wish you all the very best of luck with transporting the one member of the family who didn't need a police check!

By and large I'm amazed at the cost you're having to fork out but given family devotion to pets I can completely understand.

I'll be in touch about our favoured candidate soon. It's going to come down to a mixture of where you live and when you're travelling but to all of you, once again, Bon Voyage.

Christian
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:27 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NoodleSYD
Hi all,

Christian
My folks are moving out to Perth in the next month, they have 2 dogs, an Airedale and a bearded collie, Oh does it matter that both dogs are as mad as hatters?