Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plan timeline questions

Plan timeline questions

Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:20 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough
Post Plan timeline questions

Hey folks, here's a brief outline of our plan and I have a couple of questions afterwards.

Us:

Spouse is a nurse and I work in IT. She's the main applicant with myself as named spouse. We're aware that VISA's for nurses take roughly around 6 weeks to 3 months to come through.

Plan:

In November we're going for a reccie holiday to Brissy, Sydney and Melbourne as we're still undecided where we want to live. Then when we come back start the application process with a view to selling up and moving in June next year (earlier is not an option).

Questions:

1) Would it be a better idea to start the application process now, while we know what points are needed and nurses are on the MODL hopefully get the VISA's through before November then validate them over there?

2) Validation: How long do you get to validate and once validated how long before you need to move?

3) Does the ANC need an official certificate of Nursey's degree as she's just finished and doesn't officially graduate until November?

If we do apply now I believe we need to chose a state to live in on application. We currently don't know where yet. How easy is it to change or work around this later?

Any replies mucho appreciated.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Hello Mongrol

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm a nurse and applied in March and haven't even had my medicals requested yet, things have definitely slowed down! I would say definitely start the visa process now.

You have to validate within a year of your medicals then you have 5 years to make the move.

ANCI will need proof of registration (from the NMC) and a transcript of nursing education. I'm pretty sure they will want to see the degree as well but it's been a while since we did that bit so I can't remember for sure.

If you are going for skilled independant I don't think it matters if you are undecided, your application won't depend on it like a STNI would.

Lou