Plan B anyone?

Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice
Default Plan B anyone?

Hi all
Just wondered if anyone can tell me what our options might be if our general skilled application is turned down?
CO is asking a lot of questions about my work and its making me prepare for the worst. I have already been accepted as a nurse by the ANMC. Already we have obviously spent a lot of money and are all but packed ready to go. Anyone got a plan B?
Thanks
A very jumpy Karen
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan B anyone?

Yep know how that feels Karen. I am really worried too. I do have aplan B though, I am not going to say what it is on here but I do have a plan B. However, if the DIMA are reading I don't want the plan B, I wouold like the plan A please.

lol

Lace xxxx
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

Originally Posted by lacey21
Yep know how that feels Karen. I am really worried too. I do have aplan B though, I am not going to say what it is on here but I do have a plan B. However, if the DIMA are reading I don't want the plan B, I wouold like the plan A please.

lol

Lace xxxx
This whole process is awful isn't it?! If DIMA read it we are all good hard working people who want to come, lead nice lives, and work and contribute to the economy. Please let us in.......etc etc
I am away to study the DIMA website and try to find out what other ways we can get to Oz if this all goes pete tong.
Karen
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
Anyone got a plan B?
Canada?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:05 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
Canada?
what with the 2-3 year wait for a visa... Canada was our plan a till we saw the wait so went australia way instead
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Hi all
Just wondered if anyone can tell me what our options might be if our general skilled application is turned down?
CO is asking a lot of questions about my work and its making me prepare for the worst. I have already been accepted as a nurse by the ANMC. Already we have obviously spent a lot of money and are all but packed ready to go. Anyone got a plan B?
Thanks
A very jumpy Karen
hi, my CO asked me for more payslips and P60's etc...i think this was just to confirm my hours and length of service as i was claiming the extra points for experience. mind you it's our medicals that have buggered us up..they are wanting so many extra tests done i don't know when it's all going to end.
what makes you think you will get turned down? not meaning to be nosey but if you elaborate someone may be able to offer advice. selina xxx
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Thanks
A very jumpy Karen

If you're turned down, maybe reapplication is an option. Maybe you would qualify for 136 if you applied now. Or perhaps a Skill Matching visa sponsored by a participating state government. Or an employer sponsored migration visa (ENS or RSMS) if you find an Australian employer keen to hire you.

If your application is only pooled rather than refused (if you simply fail on the points test, rather than the basic requirements) then you can switch to ENS, RSMS or STNI free of any visa application charge.

You may also need to check the validity period of your ANMC assessment (it will say on the letter).

And I would suggest getting some good professional advice if this happens, as you would not want to make the wrong visa choice again.