Reload this Page >

Places to see in Sydney

Places to see in Sydney

Old Mar 11th 2006, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Places to see in Sydney

Hello,

We'll be in Sydney next week to validate our 136 Visas and will be staying for 4 days,
so we would like to know which are some of the great places in Sydney we should visit.

Thanks & regards,
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:10 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Places to see in Sydney

Hiya i think it really depends what sort of thing you like doing i have been here 6 weeks and one of the 1st things i wanted to do was see a koala (never call them koala bears you get slaughtered for it) so hubby took me to a sanctuary in West Pennant hills and we saw koalas and kangaroos was brill i have also been on the ferry to manly and the ferry to Taronga zoo. we visited a nice beach at bundeena was very quiet mostly local residents to get to it you have to travel through the royal national park but if you tell them you are just passing through you don't pay otherwise they charge you $11 for the privilege. i have been to the QVB and tried shopping malls in parramatta, castle hill, marsfield, blacktown,winston hills and rhodes. i have had a night time view of the bridge, opera house and lunar park from mcmans point. Let me know what sort of thing interests you and i will see if i can point you in the right direction (blue mountains are also worth a visit) there is soo much to see and do.

Poshrice
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello,

We'll be in Sydney next week to validate our 136 Visas and will be staying for 4 days,
so we would like to know which are some of the great places in Sydney we should visit.

Thanks & regards,

we've been a couple of times as we have friends on the northern beaches;

blue mountains;
warratah national park -think that's the right name as we haven't been there for ages.
Taronga zoo;
Royal Botanical gardens;
A ferry ride to one of the bays - watsons bay is good, great famous seafood restuarant (so great I can't remember the name, but the food is fantastic);
Harbour cruise;
Darling Harbour
Shopping

just a few
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

Make sure you do a harbour cruise. There are loads to choose from at Circular Quay. It's really touristy but it really gives you a great idea of why Sydney is such a great city.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:12 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Hello,

Thanks & regards,

Our back yard......free beer if you time it right !
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If you go to the Blue Mountains (which you should) then drop me a line, we have friends over there that run a lovely B&B. Four poster beds, best brekkie you'll ever have and walking distance (5 minutes or so) to the 7 sisters lookout

Also (if you're into Home and Away), a trip up to Palm Beach would be worth it (Northern Beaches). Lovely beach and you can climb / walk up to the Baronjoey lighthouse.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:14 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't actually rate Targona Zoo. Yes, it's nice and yes it has great views of the city, but ultimately it's a very run of the mill zoo with exactly the same beasties as any other. Not saying I expected too see a Pushmepullyou, but just that if you've seen one zoo ...

Last edited by Hutch; Mar 11th 2006 at 9:21 am.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:17 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hi
If you go to the Blue Mountains (which you should) then drop me a line, we have friends over there that run a lovely B&B. Four poster beds, best brekkie you'll ever have and walking distance (5 minutes or so) to the 7 sisters lookout
The 7 sisters? Cor where's that then
We was robbed we only got to see 3.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:22 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedge
The 7 sisters? Cor where's that then
We was robbed we only got to see 3.
Nah, they've shipped the other 4 over from Sussex.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:30 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I didn't actually rate Targona Zoo. Yes, it's nice and yes it has great views of the city, but ultimately it's a very run of the mill zoo with exactly the same beasties as any other. Not saying I expected too see a Pushmepullyou, but just that if you've seen one zoo ...
Views were fantastic, especially on the cable car, but agreed on the *zoo* aspect. We went last August and they were busy shifting many animals around and the elephant enclosure wasn't open then.

I thought the daytime enclosures for the big cats were terribly small...

Did you go to Featherdale? We loved it there, although it was rather commercial. Preferred the one up in Pennant Hills (can't remember the name now) where the koalas were climbing in the trees overhead.

Sue
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:34 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks & regards,

We went to Darling harbour and also did a city tour in open top bus, also cruise harbour......... all my 6 year old son wanted to do was to touch the Sydney Opera House !!! he is 8 now and it is still a highlight for him.
I loved Darling Harbour to sit, chill and people watch whilst enjoying a cooling glass of wine !!
all good.
Have a great trip
Jane x
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:52 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by <")))><
Our back yard......free beer if you time it right !
Lol is that open to everyone free beer sounds good to me (not that i drink beer lol just the company sounds good plus i am nosy and want to see how the other half lives)

I am sure we could offer the like in return we haven't had many visitors to our new pad yet rudi has popped in for a cuppa so if anyone is passing give me a yell.

Poshrice
Old Mar 11th 2006, 10:30 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge is an absolute must.
Julie. x
Old Mar 11th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to Palm Beach take the ferry to Patonga or Ettalong and see a bit of the Cental Coast.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:07 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Places to see in Sydney

Hello,

Thanks & regards,

i would definately say climb the bridge its amazing nad its not as scary as it looks, well organised safe and best view of the city!! costs a bit but well worth it. I would also back those who say taronga Zoo yes, it is a Zoo and we have all seen the animals before, but the views of the city are outstanding and worth a visit for that alone!! Coogee beach is also great, its busy bustling and great fun, lots to do, barbies on the beach etc.. lots better than bondi which is a bit run down!!! there is far too much to do to pack it in in that short timr but the bridge climb would be my top recommendation!! Enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.