Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Places to see\ Things to do

Places to see\ Things to do

Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:18 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Places to see\ Things to do

I know there are loads of things to see and do in Oz and there are plenty of brochures etc. but I'm after peoples findings of places of interest\ things to do off the beaten track. Also any feedback on places to avoid.

We are moving to the Melbourne area but we expect to do a fair bit of travelling over the next few years.

Also we have two kids (6 and 9) so any ideas for them.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:38 am
The Tooth Fairy

Default Re: Places to see\ Things to do

Originally posted by HUP
I know there are loads of things to see and do in Oz and there are plenty of brochures etc. but I'm after peoples findings of places of interest\ things to do off the beaten track. Also any feedback on places to avoid.

We are moving to the Melbourne area but we expect to do a fair bit of travelling over the next few years.

Also we have two kids (6 and 9) so any ideas for them.
Ask for opinions. Advice is like buying a dress as a gift for a woman.

Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:41 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to see\ Things to do

Originally posted by The Tooth Fairy
Ask for opinions. Advice is like buying a dress as a gift for a woman.
I thinks thats what I just asked for
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:42 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoyd the simple walks in the countryside (Aus is full of tracks etc) as much as the 'big' attractions.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 11:57 am
The Tooth Fairy

Out where the roads are long and the crowds are far, out where the Apostle Birds ("Happy Jacks") babble.

Kidman Way

Apostlebird

Attached Thumbnails Places to see\ Things to do-p8020191.jpg  

Last edited by The Tooth Fairy; Aug 10th 2003 at 12:11 pm.

Old Aug 10th 2003, 12:05 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I enjoyd the simple walks in the countryside (Aus is full of tracks etc) as much as the 'big' attractions.
Hi Don

Any specific recommendations?

We really enjoyed the Valley of the Giants tree top walk in Walpole (WA)

Kings Park in Perth is a great day out for all the family with loads to do.

Beedleup Falls in the Beedleup National Park (WA)
Old Aug 10th 2003, 12:09 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Attached Thumbnails Places to see\ Things to do-bedlup2.jpg  
Old Aug 10th 2003, 2:57 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HUP
Hi Don

Any specific recommendations?

We really enjoyed the Valley of the Giants tree top walk in Walpole (WA)

Kings Park in Perth is a great day out for all the family with loads to do.

I was a bit away from WA, so it might not be much use - I was in QLD! I did loads of the tracks there, especially around Mission Beach but all the way up and down from Brisbane-Cairns there's a ton of tracks with a discarded sandwich bearing my tooth-prints!