Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs

places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs

Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

ambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the roughambermax is a jewel in the rough
Default places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs

hi does anyone know where to start looking for rented accommodation around Perth that will allow 2 dogs
thanks
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs

Originally Posted by ambermax
hi does anyone know where to start looking for rented accommodation around Perth that will allow 2 dogs
thanks
Hi ambermax

We are planning to move over to Bunbury about 2hrs from perth.
Going to buy a car and look around while they are in the kennels for a month.
Hopefully we will have something by then.
Been looking on the internet at some places.
I think when you rent with pets they add a little extra cash onto the bond.

Beth
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:17 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

thanks
Once we have sold our business, we are heading out to Perth (cant wait), we have 4 cats and a dog, so we have been searching for possible accomodation to give us time to decide on location for home and business. We came across this website recently and it lists pet friendly accommodation, rates, proximity to beach etc. as well as availability this year.

http://www.stayz.com.au/pet-friendly...ation/wa/perth

Cheers

Andrew
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:04 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

thanks
Just look for the accomodation that you like the look of, tell the agency that your dogs live out. When they come and do an inspection make sure the dogs are either outside or away from the house. Thats what we did.

We had two cats and a dog. We just said the dog lives outdoors. The agency then check with the property owner to see if they will allow dogs/pets. You will find a property in Perth, there are plenty of people willing to let to people with animals.

Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:23 pm
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

thanks
Hi guys, we have a house two minutes stroll to the main beach in Rockingham,Robe Villais fully fenced and fully furnished. We will allow the dogs there as we are confirmed dog people...we do have two short term rentals, but we live next to one and we have two four month old boxers and a 12 year old very sour bitch(she isn't really) but it would stop you using Cedar Cottage with your dogs.Check it out and let us know if you are interested. Once you are with us you can look around the long term rentals, bound to work out easier than hotels and kennels.. http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage./ hope this helps, Suzette and Will.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:53 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janeyray
We had two cats and a dog. We just said the dog lives outdoors. The agency then check with the property owner to see if they will allow dogs/pets. You will find a property in Perth, there are plenty of people willing to let to people with animals.

Good luck
Sadly not our experience. Our pets - two cats and a dog - had to go into boarding kennels on being chucked out of quarantine because we couldn't find a rental that would allow us to have them. It took six weeks in the end to find somewhere. We were knocked back for four properties after application because of the dog (cats don't seem to be too much of a problem), and there were numerous ones we couldn't apply for because they said "no pets" at the outset.

Hope the OP doesn't have similar problems...

Sue
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:58 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Sadly not our experience. Our pets - two cats and a dog - had to go into boarding kennels on being chucked out of quarantine because we couldn't find a rental that would allow us to have them. It took six weeks in the end to find somewhere. We were knocked back for four properties after application because of the dog (cats don't seem to be too much of a problem), and there were numerous ones we couldn't apply for because they said "no pets" at the outset.

Hope the OP doesn't have similar problems...

Sue
Thats sad isn't it. Many British people going to OZ look after their dogs as part of the family, our dog certainly wasn't/isn't dirty and wouldn't have ruined a home.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by janeyray
Thats sad isn't it. Many British people going to OZ look after their dogs as part of the family, our dog certainly wasn't/isn't dirty and wouldn't have ruined a home.
Ironic really. Our current rental is fine about the dog - although the lease says that he's an *outdoor* dog everyone knows that he is an *indoor* dog. He hasn't done a scrap of damage in the house - he doesn't scratch at the doors, doesn't chew or gnaw - but he did dig a rather large hole in the garden!! Totally unlike him - he's never dug one before. We now have a pristine patch of new grass where we filled in the hole and re-seeded it.

Sue
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:04 pm
home again, home again

Ironic really. Our current rental is fine about the dog - although the lease says that he's an *outdoor* dog everyone knows that he is an *indoor* dog. He hasn't done a scrap of damage in the house - he doesn't scratch at the doors, doesn't chew or gnaw - but he did dig a rather large hole in the garden!! Totally unlike him - he's never dug one before. We now have a pristine patch of new grass where we filled in the hole and re-seeded it.

Sue
Digging holes is because they are hot and the soil (or sand in Perth) under the grass is cooler...not by much though hey!@!!!!! We bought a puppy out in the middle of nowhere (somewhere north of Perth) and all it did was dig holes, our lawn ended up like a sand pit!!!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 12:53 am

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi guys, we have a house two minutes stroll to the main beach in Rockingham,Robe Villais fully fenced and fully furnished. We will allow the dogs there as we are confirmed dog people...we do have two short term rentals, but we live next to one and we have two four month old boxers and a 12 year old very sour bitch(she isn't really) but it would stop you using Cedar Cottage with your dogs.Check it out and let us know if you are interested. Once you are with us you can look around the long term rentals, bound to work out easier than hotels and kennels.. http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage./ hope this helps, Suzette and Will.
OOPS!!!!! put one too many things in the web page, no dot at the end, I will try again http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ also a hint on the digging dog....we have two boxer pups and have been told that to stop them from digging to china in the back yard is to give them a designated area and get some sand in and let them did to their hearts content....how you get them to use the "designated area" apparently cheese cubes , just a couple a day for the first week is enough will let you know more as we are about to dig up an area and fill it with sand, maybe this afternoon when it cools down abit...I got this tip via my stepson who has two, two year old boxers and it has worked for them...heres hoping, I want to visit China, but not through the hole in our backyard. Suzette from Cedar Cottage
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:47 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

thanks

When are you coming? I have a house in Merriwa (3 x 1) we can rent out while its up for sale if you want. It has a big back yard and a huge enclosed alfresco area which our two cats loved.

Contact me if you are interested.

MC
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
OOPS!!!!! put one too many things in the web page, no dot at the end, I will try again http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ also a hint on the digging dog....we have two boxer pups and have been told that to stop them from digging to china in the back yard is to give them a designated area and get some sand in and let them did to their hearts content....how you get them to use the "designated area" apparently cheese cubes , just a couple a day for the first week is enough will let you know more as we are about to dig up an area and fill it with sand, maybe this afternoon when it cools down abit...I got this tip via my stepson who has two, two year old boxers and it has worked for them...heres hoping, I want to visit China, but not through the hole in our backyard. Suzette from Cedar Cottage
Hi Suzette,

How long have you had the pups? Were they white in the end? I bet the girls love them to bits. Hope to say hello to them sometime soon.

Hope you're all well. Robyn sends love to Jessica.

Sue
Old Jan 9th 2006, 7:10 am

Talking Re: places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs

Hi Suzette,

How long have you had the pups? Were they white in the end? I bet the girls love them to bits. Hope to say hello to them sometime soon.

Hope you're all well. Robyn sends love to Jessica.

Sue
Hi Sue, yes,,,we do now have TWO white boxer pups, I will attach a photo if I can, if not you must call in and check them out and play some pool, I promise it will be a fair game as I will tie one of wills hands behind his back..I have told him he is too competitive, it obviously is not enough beating me, he has to win against everyone. Here goes for the photo. Suzette.
Attached Thumbnails places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs-dscn0580-small-.jpg   places to rent in and around perth with 2 dogs-dscn0594-small-.jpg