Reload this Page >

Places to live/work & thanks to Go Matilda agency

Places to live/work & thanks to Go Matilda agency

Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Jimbo3172 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Places to live/work & thanks to Go Matilda agency

Hi there,

We are currently in the process of applying for our visa, i have just passed my skills test so we are now trying to find out as much as possible about possible areas to locate.

We have been given a few pointers, just wondering if anyone had any info or thoughts about the following places. Some are near the coast and some are in the city. Any help much appreciated

Wynnum, Manly, Redcliffe, Gold Coast,Fortitude Valley, New Farm, Toowong.

I must also say a thank you to all the people at Go Matilda who got me through the skills test are helping us with our application, their service is excellent and i would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of using an agency.

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:35 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to live/work & thanks to Go Matilda agency

Originally Posted by Jimbo3172
Hi there,

We are currently in the process of applying for our visa, i have just passed my skills test so we are now trying to find out as much as possible about possible areas to locate.

We have been given a few pointers, just wondering if anyone had any info or thoughts about the following places. Some are near the coast and some are in the city. Any help much appreciated

Wynnum, Manly, Redcliffe, Gold Coast,Fortitude Valley, New Farm, Toowong.

I must also say a thank you to all the people at Go Matilda who got me through the skills test are helping us with our application, their service is excellent and i would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of using an agency.

Thank you in advance.
Best to post in the main aus forum as many people live in these area's. Best also to list your ages , likes, and where you are likely to work etc as people can give you commute times etc. ( bugger it got moved as I typed.. thanks mods )

i.e. Redcliffe has beaches but a fairly long commute , the valley is where all the young people/students live and is full of clubs etc , Wynnum/Manly are the start of redlands and home to many older brits, but you'll have a fair commute etc.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the reply.

i am 36 and currently working as a marine mechanic, i am also a qualified motor mechanic as well, preference is to work with boats, but am quite able to switch back to cars.

My girlfriend is 26 and has a law degree she is wanting to workwithin the legal system, our likes are going out for meals, drinks, pictures not to fussed about clubbing just like nice lively places to go but not rowdy.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:13 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the reply.

i am 36 and currently working as a marine mechanic, i am also a qualified motor mechanic as well, preference is to work with boats, but am quite able to switch back to cars.

My girlfriend is 26 and has a law degree she is wanting to workwithin the legal system, our likes are going out for meals, drinks, pictures not to fussed about clubbing just like nice lively places to go but not rowdy.
Check http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/forumdisplay.php?f=61 as a fishing forum, someone might give you details on workplaces. Bit of a down turn in the boat market with the economy, but still thousands of boats in the brissy area with outboards to service if thats your thing.

Legal, either a city based firm I guess , local gov, or local firm, but it might be fun with qualifications. Queensland are pretty fussy about recognising other countries qualifications.

Rowdy... you do know that most of qld goes to bed at 8.30 ?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

No didnt know about early to bed, looks like i will have to start my own late night drinking establishment.

Thanks for the link i will have a look that and see what further info i can get.

Is there a link to the main aus forum, excuse my ignorance but i am very new to these forum things.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:46 pm
DownUnder

No didnt know about early to bed, looks like i will have to start my own late night drinking establishment.

Thanks for the link i will have a look that and see what further info i can get.

Is there a link to the main aus forum, excuse my ignorance but i am very new to these forum things.
You're in the main forum now. Forum / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia