British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Places to live near Lyell McEwin (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/places-live-near-lyell-mcewin-926259/)

Mrclacfart Jul 7th 2019 6:54 am

Places to live near Lyell McEwin

First hello to everyone here my wife uses this forum but is my first time on here.
My wife is looking at getting employment in the Lyell Mc hospital. We live and work in the north at the moment. We are having a look at areas to live. I have looked at areas in gawler Elizabeth and north Adelaide. We are expecting our first child in the next year so really want to find a quiet and safe area. Does anyone have any recommendations for suburbs anywhere up a half hour drive away?
thanks

old.sparkles Jul 7th 2019 7:53 am

Re: Places to live near Lyell McEwin

Originally Posted by Mrclacfart (Post 12707564)
First hello to everyone here my wife uses this forum but is my first time on here.
My wife is looking at getting employment in the Lyell Mc hospital. We live and work in the north at the moment. We are having a look at areas to live. I have looked at areas in gawler Elizabeth and north Adelaide. We are expecting our first child in the next year so really want to find a quiet and safe area. Does anyone have any recommendations for suburbs anywhere up a half hour drive away?
thanks

Hey there, and welcome MrClacfart - good to have you on board :)

Not so sure I'd look at Elizabeth, although I'm sure that some parts will be better than others. I'm out in Gawler, and have been for a few years. There's good public transport if going into the city, but Gawler has just about everything you need day-to-day - shops, dr's, dentists, etc.

If you wanted more rural. you could look at Two Wells or Lewiston - you'd still get a reasonable travel time to the Lyell Mac.

Going closer, you have Evanston which is next to Gawler, or you could go east to Golden Grove which is much closer and another good suburb.

In terms of travel time - I'm Gawler East and it probably takes about 25 mins to the Lyell Mac driving :)

Mrclacfart Jul 7th 2019 8:09 am

Thanks a lotwe have heard good things about Gawler. Are there better and worse places to rent there.

old.sparkles Jul 7th 2019 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Mrclacfart (Post 12707578)
Thanks a lotwe have heard good things about Gawler. Are there better and worse places to rent there.

Gawler East is probably the best, but all reasonable I think.

You could also look at Evanston, Willaston and Hewett which are surrounding Gawler

Dorothy Jul 7th 2019 8:31 am

I have good friends who live in Greenwith and love it. Saying that, I also like Golden Grove because it has a bit more in the way of shops, etc.