Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Places to live in Brisabne

Places to live in Brisabne

Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:49 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Places to live in Brisabne

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yeah loads in our suburb being demolished because being post war they can. Unfortunately the one that just sold for $590k was land value so you're looking at over a million to buy a good block and build a nice house in some of the older established areas.
Yes, I agree that may be a drawback! The one in our street went for just over $420k (current land value is around $350k) and they are spending about $280k on rebuilding so will end up with a $700k house - which is around the right value in the area, but possibly a bit above what the OP can afford.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:17 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

New development opening up in our street soon. I expect property prices to be in the region of $700-$1m for 4/5 bed houses on 700m2 blocks.

Too exe for me!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:45 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
We live in Brookfield which is in the Western Suburbs only about half an hour from the city. It really is a lovely place with both good public schools and also private schools not far away. The Queensland university is also only about a half hour drive away. In my opinion, living here you get the best of both worlds with a ruralish setting but also near to the city when you need it.
Good luck with where you decide to live.
Janet
Pullenvale

Give me peace, tranquility and space away from the city anyday.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Well besides the traffic which is inevitable and will be wherever you live its a nice place to live. The only drawback is no station in the near vicinity but the one that goes to the City is not far away.
Where's the station near Brookfield? Do you mean Indooroopilly? If you do, then no it's not very far away, but it's a nightmare journey on a morning.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:58 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spartacus
Where's the station near Brookfield? Do you mean Indooroopilly?
That's the closest one, but we do have serveral bus routes out into the sticks!!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Antney
That's the closest one, but we do have serveral bus routes out into the sticks!!
I live out in the sticks (Moggill) so I know of these buses you speak of . . . and as a mode of transport in rush hour they are woeful.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:17 am
The Mango King

I live out in the sticks (Moggill) so I know of these buses you speak of . . . and as a mode of transport in rush hour they are woeful.
I usually avoid all public transport unless I'm going to a rugby match or event in the city.

I drive to work in Kelvin Grove and it usually takes me about 45 minutes to an hour if I go in rush hour, but about 30 mins most other times.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 1:31 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We have a bus that goes to the Hyperdome in the morning and returns in the afternoon.

Tuesdays and Thursdays only
Old Jul 20th 2011, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
We have a bus that goes to the Hyperdome in the morning and returns in the afternoon.

Tuesdays and Thursdays only
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:16 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Why on earth would anyone want to leave the UK to live in some of the suburbs mentioned in this thread?
you did didn't you?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth would anyone want to leave the UK to live in some of the suburbs mentioned in this thread?
To get away from whinging Poms like you?
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
you did didn't you?
But I managed to escape
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
you did didn't you?
...and at least I lived in a decent suburb
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

I wouldn't necessarily live in the suburbs I suggested but they seemed to offer what the OP was looking for (a place where they could rent, then build without having to change schools again).
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:50 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

But I managed to escape
are you back in UK now then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.