Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Place in the sun NOW

Place in the Sun on Channel 4 is looking at houses in NSW
right now!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:50 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

But its dark in NSW right now Karen.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:51 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Its a repeat...I think
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Place in the sun NOW

Originally posted by karen p
Place in the Sun on Channel 4 is looking at houses in NSW
right now!!!!!

Makes being at work all the more fustrating
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm on the TV again!!!!
That was filmed November 2002

'Been there done that' now back in sunny Cornwall.

Sue
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:17 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Was that really you?
How did you manage to wrangle a free holiday?
I almost went on 'Property Ladder', but decided to emigrate instead.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

was that you, seriously? I have seen it before - if it was you - what is the story - what were your reasons for coming back?

Let us all know - dying to know!

pockygoes
Old Apr 21st 2004, 7:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pockygoes
was that you, seriously? I have seen it before - if it was you - what is the story - what were your reasons for coming back?

pockygoes
I think they were missing the pasties eh Sue ?
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 12:04 am
Badge

any whinging pommies?

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 3:18 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

This will bring some new dreamers.
Old Apr 22nd 2004, 5:14 am
Just Joined

coll is an unknown quantity at this point

they filmed three area's in Australia,one was in Ballina,N.S.W,
I know because I was asked to do it,We had to turn them down,because it was filmed in November 2002, we were packing up the house for emigrating to oz,where we are now.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pockygoes

Hi,
Well you asked, so here's our story.

Our first visit to Australia was in 1990 when we first got married, we stayed for 3 months and toured around the cities, we feel in love with OZ.
We returned to the uk and had two children, hubby went again to oz to visit his brother who lives in Adelaide on his return he was excited and really wanted to emirgrate,so that got the ball rolling, we applied with his brother sponcering us, after along time we were granted our visas, at that time our children were 4 & 5, we put our house on the market e.t.c but huddys dad became very ill, so it was put off, Hubby went over with a mate (who met a ozzie girl and has since moved to Adelaide) to get his passport validated.
Life continued in the uk we had a house built, great jobs, great pay but always in the back of ours minds was Australia (more for my husband).
Anyway after hubbys father died we booked a trip for 1 month to Adelaide to stay with his brother, we took the kids and hubbys mother, had a great time and met up with the friend who he came over with, after staying with them listening to them, how wonderful everything was, we were hooked.
We returned to the uk and hubby sponcered me and the kids we were accepted and put everything up for sale.
November 2002 we got the chance for a all expensives paid trip to oz with channel 4 "A place in the sun" , I had to get my visa validated so this was a good chance as we had not sold the house, so we left the kids for 2 weeks with mother-in-law and came to Coffs harbour which is a beautiful place.
Returned to the uk, house sold and arrived in Australia in March 2003, hubby got a great paid job within 2 weeks, kids started school,
we were amazed of all the prices of thing, nobody told us about the little extras e.g stamp duty on cars e.t.c
Since getting here hubbys mate is returning to the uk (so much for all his praise).

Hubby and youngest son nearly drowned 5 weeks after arriving and this has put our views on what we want, and I dont want to die here, when we came over we said we would give it 5 years but what if we want to go back and our kids don't, little things do matter we can't point out things to our kid's like "that was where I went to school"e.t.c.
We drove to Adelaide arriving on 8th July 2003, our eldest son was in a car accident, the car was a right off but he was only injured slightly, so this did it for us, we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
We arrived back in the uk on 19th August 2003 and have bought a house that needs lots of work so this will keep us busy.

Good luck to everyone and we are glad we did go, so we can now get on with our life with out the what if's.

Sue
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:19 pm
Banned

Thats an interesting story,
Its true what you say about the 'What if's'.
Its kinda how I feel, if you dont give it a go you'll spend your whole life wondering what could have been.
Besides, the world is getting smaller so there's nothing wrong with giving Aus a try for a few years. If it dont work out...so what!
It would be a shame to blame your families unfortunate accidents on Aus though as those things can happen anywhere, surely the British roads are much more dangerous. Although im sure your reasons for returning go beyond that. Perhaps they were just 'the icing on the cake' so to speak.
Thx for the honest post and good luck to you and your family.
paul
Old Apr 24th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pompeywill
...surely the British roads are much more dangerous.
Not so.

Between birth and age 14, a person has ~33% more chance being killed on Oz roads. After that age, the risk climbs to ~40%

Comparative road fatalities
Old Apr 24th 2004, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

glm36 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sue5665
Originally posted by pockygoes

Hi,
Well you asked, so here's our story.

Our first visit to Australia was in 1990 when we first got married, we stayed for 3 months and toured around the cities, we feel in love with OZ.
We returned to the uk and had two children, hubby went again to oz to visit his brother who lives in Adelaide on his return he was excited and really wanted to emirgrate,so that got the ball rolling, we applied with his brother sponcering us, after along time we were granted our visas, at that time our children were 4 & 5, we put our house on the market e.t.c but huddys dad became very ill, so it was put off, Hubby went over with a mate (who met a ozzie girl and has since moved to Adelaide) to get his passport validated.
Life continued in the uk we had a house built, great jobs, great pay but always in the back of ours minds was Australia (more for my husband).
Anyway after hubbys father died we booked a trip for 1 month to Adelaide to stay with his brother, we took the kids and hubbys mother, had a great time and met up with the friend who he came over with, after staying with them listening to them, how wonderful everything was, we were hooked.
We returned to the uk and hubby sponcered me and the kids we were accepted and put everything up for sale.
November 2002 we got the chance for a all expensives paid trip to oz with channel 4 "A place in the sun" , I had to get my visa validated so this was a good chance as we had not sold the house, so we left the kids for 2 weeks with mother-in-law and came to Coffs harbour which is a beautiful place.
Returned to the uk, house sold and arrived in Australia in March 2003, hubby got a great paid job within 2 weeks, kids started school,
we were amazed of all the prices of thing, nobody told us about the little extras e.g stamp duty on cars e.t.c
Since getting here hubbys mate is returning to the uk (so much for all his praise).

Hubby and youngest son nearly drowned 5 weeks after arriving and this has put our views on what we want, and I dont want to die here, when we came over we said we would give it 5 years but what if we want to go back and our kids don't, little things do matter we can't point out things to our kid's like "that was where I went to school"e.t.c.
We drove to Adelaide arriving on 8th July 2003, our eldest son was in a car accident, the car was a right off but he was only injured slightly, so this did it for us, we felt that this was a sign and oz is not ment to be for us.
We arrived back in the uk on 19th August 2003 and have bought a house that needs lots of work so this will keep us busy.

Good luck to everyone and we are glad we did go, so we can now get on with our life with out the what if's.

Sue
Well, you seem to have lasted a very long time (5 months!) was it your first time living overseas?

One of your reasons just doesn't hold water with me (my opinion, free speech etc) is you didn't want to die there, who gives a monkeys where you die, you won't know about it, you will be dead after all!

Maybe I've been lucky with being in the Army for 15 years and moving about a lot, but some people just can't seem to cut the 'apron strings'

Remember it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it, I've personnally sweated enough for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.