A Place In The Sun....

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 8:56 am
WBB

this one could run and run......

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 9:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Place In The Sun....

Originally posted by tinaj
If you are 'earthy' how can I be insulting you by saying that you are bringing us back down to Earth?

And as for your comments of me emigrating to America, I thought I was going for the next best thing Brisvegas or Brisneyworld as you call it.

I love Disney and Disneyworld and moving to Aussie wont stop me from going there. It will just cost me more.

Your posts do not mystify me, rather remind me why you should come back to the Uk - you will fit in well with all the whingers over here

Signed :The Surrey, snob who prances around in her Green Wellies shouting 'Tally ho' all day.
Are you from Haslemere and do you shop in Guildford? An ex of mine did and thank god she dumped me. She had green wellies.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

If you are 'earthy' how can I be insulting you by saying that you are bringing us back down to Earth?

And as for your comments of me emigrating to America, I thought I was going for the next best thing Brisvegas or Brisneyworld as you call it.

I love Disney and Disneyworld and moving to Aussie wont stop me from going there. It will just cost me more.

Your posts do not mystify me, rather remind me why you should come back to the Uk - you will fit in well with all the whingers over here

Signed :The Surrey, snob who prances around in her Green Wellies shouting 'Tally ho' all day.

Tinaj you have missed the point. Dont keep slagging off my posts without ever expecting me to reply back to yours.

Brisvegas is a sarcastic term by the way, that is complete opposite of Las Vegas, not cause its american. Must admit the whole place has improved over the past 5 years tho.

As for whinging, you have to see the funny side of you coming here, er place with the one (small) major shopping centre, place where dressing up is fresh singlet, people walk around with bare dirty feet, come on laugh at yourself, I can. Snobby schools, the one you picked had a pedo as the head!!

Laugh Tinaj, come on one of my tuppereware/wine soirees you will loosen up in no time

By the way I posted you some useful info on schools, dont want you ending up being seduced by a principal now do we, not in your first week anyway:scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dotty, does this mean we can all meet up and have a proper wine and tupperware evening when we get out there? we can form the Brisvegas Expats Club!!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:04 am
Badge

come on girls....

<sigh>

I like Dotty alot and I've met Tina and she's a great happy lass so there we go.

badgers

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:06 am
Badge

Saw a programme a few months ago and the couple on it seemed pretty dim if I recall correctly. Never seen the rest of the "sunny places" programmes so am looking forward to tomorrow's programme.

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hey Dotty, does this mean we can all meet up and have a proper wine and tupperware evening when we get out there? we can form the Brisvegas Expats Club!!

Dont laugh, there are a few of you girls coming out now, I am seriously thinking of hiring a tupperwear lady, getting everyone blind drunk before she arrives, then produce a stripogram guy in the middle of it.

Any Quilters will be thrown out tho.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:29 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
produce a stripogram guy
I hear Bondipoms available for hire?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:13 pm
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought of emmigrating to NZ after watching a game of rugby at 7am some Saturday morning when I was about 17. Strangely, I dont even like rugby. The thought of it being evening time there amazed a simpleton like me, plus the scenery over the back of the stand looked fantastic, and nice and warm on a drab and cold English December morning. No idea what ground it was. The concept of scenery and stadium dont go hand in hand in this country with the drab locations of most footy grounds. Anyway, it was another 15 years before I checked NZ out. I loved it there but would seriously advise against moving somewhere on the basis on watching telly alone.

Rob
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in Dotty, for (almost) anything - but not quilting, no there are limits!
Do you have Ann Summers parties out there too?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:41 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Place In The Sun....Great Barrier Reef

Originally posted by steandleigh
Am i right in thinking that the " A Place In The Sun " programme with Sue was meant to be scheduled for this wed ( 24TH ) ? Have checked the t.v listings and can't find it. Am I being a Fozzy and looking at the wrong channel???

The Radio Times states that....

FOR WED 24 SEPT 4.00PM C4

" Zilpah Hartley helps Kevin & Debbie Reeve find a bargin home on the coastline of the Great Barrier Reef in QLD, Aust. "

So Sue's programme must be on at a later date.

I wonder where these bargin houses are? As they all seem to be going up in price by the day on the web.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:53 pm
Re-Member

Chris H-L is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't watch television, I don't have a television.
So I certainly cannot be accused of being influenced by
some docu-soap.

I've researched my move by reading books (shock horror!) and visiting the place several times, also a lot of internet research, not just this forum. All that and I certainly wouldn't describe myself as a dilligent or organised sort of person, but we are talking about a move that will cost a lot of money, cause heart ache for lots of family members, disrupt schooling and other activities for children. These are not things that should be done lightly.

Clearly some people have fewer commitments than myself and are freer to up-sticks but I am still shocked by some of the questions I see asked here which tend to indicate knee-jerk decision and complete ignorance of the place where they are going to. I would suggest that some of you should read a few more books too!

I certainly don't want to dis everyone on this forum. I have found it extremely useful and everyone to be friendly and helpful. I have also really enjoyed the more trivial/fun threads - these can be just as enlightening as the serious ones. I have just been surprised by how flippantly people make such a major decision and just how unprepared a lot of people are.

Takes allsorts!
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:59 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Chris H-L
I don't watch television, I don't have a television.
So I certainly cannot be accused of being influenced by
some docu-soap.

I've researched my move by reading books (shock horror!) and visiting the place several times, also a lot of internet research, not just this forum. All that and I certainly wouldn't describe myself as a dilligent or organised sort of person, but we are talking about a move that will cost a lot of money, cause heart ache for lots of family members, disrupt schooling and other activities for children. These are not things that should be done lightly.

Clearly some people have fewer commitments than myself and are freer to up-sticks but I am still shocked by some of the questions I see asked here which tend to indicate knee-jerk decision and complete ignorance of the place where they are going to. I would suggest that some of you should read a few more books too!

I certainly don't want to dis everyone on this forum. I have found it extremely useful and everyone to be friendly and helpful. I have also really enjoyed the more trivial/fun threads - these can be just as enlightening as the serious ones. I have just been surprised by how flippantly people make such a major decision and just how unprepared a lot of people are.

Takes allsorts!

Chris,

I think most people on this forum and researched their BIG MOVE very thoroughly indeed. Yes there are a few people that post things that makes you wonder, but as you say 'TAKES ALL SORTS'

I always find these programmes interesting ... got to have something nice to watch while doing the ironing!!
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Dont laugh, there are a few of you girls coming out now, I am seriously thinking of hiring a tupperwear lady, getting everyone blind drunk before she arrives, then produce a stripogram guy in the middle of it.

Yes please Dotty I need some new tupperware to keep the weevils out!!!
Can I bring my knitting needles and cake recipe book along :scared: Only joking!

I really enjoy reading Tina and Dotty's posts as they both have different views. The world would be a really dull place if everyone had the same outlook!!! At least it spices up the forum a bit though!!!

Just got to admit though, I love spending my hols in Disneyworld, I even asked my hubbie if we could have a stopover in Tokyo (Disneyland Tokyo) It is always nice to escape reality for a couple of weeks.
LOL

Debs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god! Tina watch out welsh boy is gonna be asking you to join him on his idea of a good night out!!!!:scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.