Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Place In The Sun....

Wikiposts

A Place In The Sun....

Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Place In The Sun....

Am i right in thinking that the " A Place In The Sun " programme with Sue was meant to be scheduled for this wed ( 24TH ) ? Have checked the t.v listings and can't find it. Am I being a Fozzy and looking at the wrong channel???
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

it's on channel 4 at 4 o'clock this wednesday
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:23 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Place In The Sun....

Originally posted by steandleigh
Am I being a Fozzy ?
This is more than likely but its not your fault you probably couldn't turn the pages properly on the TV guide with those unfeasably large wrists.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
This is more than likely but its not your fault you probably couldn't turn the pages properly on the TV guide with those unfeasably large wrists.

LOL!!! Mind those disco nips don't blind you with their reflection off the t.v if you're watching it too!!!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Am i right in thinking that the " A Place In The Sun " programme with Sue was meant to be scheduled for this wed ( 24TH ) ? Have checked the t.v listings and can't find it. Am I being a Fozzy and looking at the wrong channel???
I wonder if they say on the program that she is now glad to be back living in the UK!

Seems bizzare that people actually emigrate due to some of the sunnier episodes of these shows, when in fact the person may have hated it and moved back.

Its like those property shows that are 4 years old, house prices can double and treble in that time frame.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
I wonder if they say on the program that she is now glad to be back living in the UK!

Seems bizzare that people actually emigrate due to some of the sunnier episodes of these shows, when in fact the person may have hated it and moved back.

Its like those property shows that are 4 years old, house prices can double and treble in that time frame.

We can always rely on Dotty to bring us back down to Earth!

Yes she is happily back in the UK, but I am sure she is glad that she tried it.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:58 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Seems bizzare that people actually emigrate due to some of the sunnier episodes of these shows
HANDS UP IF YOUR EMIGRATING COS YOU SAW THE SUN SHINES IN OZ, ON A TV PROGRAM.

That sums me up so well i think i will stick both up.

\o/
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by PeteY
HANDS UP IF YOUR EMIGRATING COS YOU SAW THE SUN SHINES IN OZ, ON A TV PROGRAM.

That sums me up so well i think i will stick both up.

\o/
Read one of the threads where a life in the sun doco has aired.

Bad doco = poeple have second thoughts.

Great doco = umm yes now we are considering going there.

I agree with you people are mental. No wonder so many end up in shock!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tinaj
We can always rely on Dotty to bring us back down to Earth!

Yes she is happily back in the UK, but I am sure she is glad that she tried it.
Tinaj, your posts mystify me more than anyones. I think you should have gone to America, you do not strike me as Aussieish, snobby surrey girl, disneyland holidays, easily bored, love to shop, love to travel, yet you talk of the sunshine coast :scared: :scared:

My posts mystify you, down to earth, truthful, earthy info that saves people a fortune.

You offer people the chance to talk about dreaming.

I offer the nitty gritty.

I dont slag you off for posting wistful rubbish so dont keep dissing me for posting reality.

I thought you had me on ignore anyway?? Cant resist me eh
Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:48 am
WBB

Tinaj, your posts mystify me more than anyones. I think you should have gone to America, you do not strike me as Aussieish, snobby surrey girl, disneyland holidays, easily bored, love to shop, love to travel, yet you talk of the sunshine coast :scared: :scared:

My posts mystify you, down to earth, truthful, earthy info that saves people a fortune.

I dont slag you off for posting wistful rubbish so dont keep dissing me for posting reality.

handbags

Old Sep 21st 2003, 9:56 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

The wednesday programme is Get a New Life and is on BBC2 at 6 pm
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys, have now highlighted my t.v guide in fluorescent pink marker. ( saddo ).
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:21 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Thanks guys, have now highlighted my t.v guide in fluorescent pink marker. ( saddo ).
LOL

I personally NEVER set my ms outlook to remind me when tv progs are on.....honest !
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not emigrating due to the fact that I watch a programme related to emigration, so you may as well put that sweeping statement away for starters.

My husband has lived in australia, I have visited - we are WELL aware of the price of property and can happily afford it - thankyou very much.

Posting negative comments is fine, people like myself get the opportunity to read the positive and negative and make up our own minds.

Do you not think - if you use your brain for a nano second, that some people may actually emigrate for reasons other than sun, sea, sand etc. you don't know me or my family and so are extremely unqualified to make sweeping statements.

It's easy to be nasty when you're hiding behind a computer screen isn't it? And if Australia is as bad and uninspiring as you'd like everyone to believe, then why don't you sod off back to the U.K?
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you are 'earthy' how can I be insulting you by saying that you are bringing us back down to Earth?

And as for your comments of me emigrating to America, I thought I was going for the next best thing Brisvegas or Brisneyworld as you call it.

I love Disney and Disneyworld and moving to Aussie wont stop me from going there. It will just cost me more.

Your posts do not mystify me, rather remind me why you should come back to the Uk - you will fit in well with all the whingers over here

Signed :The Surrey, snob who prances around in her Green Wellies shouting 'Tally ho' all day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.