Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Place to rent NSW

Wikiposts

Place to rent NSW

Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Place to rent NSW

Hi there we hope to move next summer we will stay in Sydney with my son for a couple of weeks then we will rent some where for six to twelve months before we buy,can anyone recommend a nice suburb north of Sydney, central coast, mid north coast NSW I know its a big area but we are not sure where we want to live yet, so if anyone can recommend a place for us to look at I would be grateful Janet
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Place to rent NSW

The Northern Beaches are lush; Manly, Curl Curl, Dee Why, Palm Beach. The only problem is public transport out to these areas isn't the best. There is no train line so you have to rely on buses.

SS
Old Oct 12th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
The Northern Beaches are lush; Manly, Curl Curl, Dee Why, Palm Beach. The only problem is public transport out to these areas isn't the best. There is no train line so you have to rely on buses.

SS
thanks for the reply Janet
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:06 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi there we hope to move next summer we will stay in Sydney with my son for a couple of weeks then we will rent some where for six to twelve months before we buy,can anyone recommend a nice suburb north of Sydney, central coast, mid north coast NSW I know its a big area but we are not sure where we want to live yet, so if anyone can recommend a place for us to look at I would be grateful Janet

This is a big area to cover - depends on do you need to work? If not there are lovely places to semi retire. The Entrance and all the coast on down from here. Look at St Hubert Island! That is where I would choose .

Have a look at the train line if transport is important and pick any of the towns there will be good and not so good areas in all of them. I like Gosford.

As for the Northern Sydney Beaches Mona Vale and on up around Pittwater are really nice - not saying the others aren't I just know these better. And you are surrounded by National Parks and can take a ferry over to the other side. If you cannot afford Palm Beach live on the other side!

http://www.palmbeachferry.com.au/pal....asp?pageId=80

Let us know if you want information further North

Cheers
Old Oct 12th 2005, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

St Huberts Island is beautiful, but not many rentable places and the rent is quite high. Also if you have teenage kids it is a little out of the way. We live very close, in Umina Beach, a few people have made comments about here but we like it. The kids are happy and settled with lots of friends, its a short walk to the beach which is nice and clean and not far from the train station. I commute to work each day, 3 days to Wynyard (near circular Quay) and 2 days to Artarmon. It takes me 1hr 20mins to Wynyard and 1hr to Artarmon. At the moment I quite enjoy the ride, but I only work part-time. Lots of rentals available and quite reasonable. Avoca, Terrigal or Copacabana are very nice beach towns but a little further away.

Jo
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joho
St Huberts Island is beautiful, but not many rentable places and the rent is quite high. Also if you have teenage kids it is a little out of the way. We live very close, in Umina Beach, a few people have made comments about here but we like it. The kids are happy and settled with lots of friends, its a short walk to the beach which is nice and clean and not far from the train station. I commute to work each day, 3 days to Wynyard (near circular Quay) and 2 days to Artarmon. It takes me 1hr 20mins to Wynyard and 1hr to Artarmon. At the moment I quite enjoy the ride, but I only work part-time. Lots of rentals available and quite reasonable. Avoca, Terrigal or Copacabana are very nice beach towns but a little further away.

Jo
Thanks to everyone for your replies we dont have any dependent children they have both flown the nest now but i do miss them,i am hoping to have a few months off before i get a job but my husband will have to work at some point we are coming on a parent contribution visa which is expensive but the only way we can come unless we are prepared to wait for years on the retirement list by then no one will want to employ us my son lives in Sydney and is getting married next November and although we want to see more of him I'm sure he doesn't want us living next door so we need somewhere as a base while we look around for a place to buy we are going to keep our place in England for a year the rental we get here should more than cover what we have to pay in oz thanks again for the replies i will look at the places you mention on the net thanks Janet
Old Oct 13th 2005, 8:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks to everyone for your replies we dont have any dependent children they have both flown the nest now but i do miss them,i am hoping to have a few months off before i get a job but my husband will have to work at some point we are coming on a parent contribution visa which is expensive but the only way we can come unless we are prepared to wait for years on the retirement list by then no one will want to employ us my son lives in Sydney and is getting married next November and although we want to see more of him I'm sure he doesn't want us living next door so we need somewhere as a base while we look around for a place to buy we are going to keep our place in England for a year the rental we get here should more than cover what we have to pay in oz thanks again for the replies i will look at the places you mention on the net thanks Janet
Have a good look round.

My cousin was paying $950 Per week in North Bondi until recently

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:22 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
Have a good look round.

My cousin was paying $950 Per week in North Bondi until recently

G

You really dont need to be paying that amount of money to live in that area. There are plenty of cheaper places than that. I know, as we have been looking for a couple of months and are going back next week to make a final decision.
We have drawn a 2 mile circle around Bondi beach as our search zone and theres plenty to choose from.

It depends what you are looking for i guess. We are like you FRAYNE no kids to worry about and therefore have a wider selection of properties to choose from.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
You really dont need to be paying that amount of money to live in that area. There are plenty of cheaper places than that. I know, as we have been looking for a couple of months and are going back next week to make a final decision.
We have drawn a 2 mile circle around Bondi beach as our search zone and theres plenty to choose from.

It depends what you are looking for i guess. We are like you FRAYNE no kids to worry about and therefore have a wider selection of properties to choose from.
That was the going rate forv their house.

Her husband is a businessman in Sydney and has been there all his life. He also owns proprties which he was renting out...they needed somewhere bigger because of their kids.

He knows the market well and thought it a reasonable rent.

G
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:09 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Good for him. I was just pointing out to FRAYNE that you do not have to pay that kind of money for a decent place to live in that area. There ARE cheaper places. Depends on what you are looking for, your personal taste and your budget.