Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old May 21st 2007, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Commerababe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

The singleton son is a monk now!
Old May 21st 2007, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why is it harsh It's fact. Just because they are "real" people doesn't make the programmes any less soap-like. The programme producers produce something that will be watched. I should think more people watched the Skeggs or Rachel because of the so called behaviour and comments than if they had shown what really happened. It's TV

Becuase it's not a soap, it's their lives..
Old May 21st 2007, 7:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonnybute
Becuase it's not a soap, it's their lives..
But that's not how it's portrayed. They (the producers) have edited to such an extent that stuff they are talking about comes over as being about something else. For example the classic clip of Mandy Skeggs moaning about white hearses - she wasn't, she had been talking about other stuff as well as the hearses and they changed it to make her sound like a constant whinger. And the Rachel Russell being a bitch to the guy she was with, you heard nothing about what he had done and was doing, they had him come across as poor hard done by and treated like shit when in actual fact she was responding to the fact that he was being a total shit 24/7.

Were it a film about their lives unedited then it wouldn't be soap like. As it was, it was, in the main, untrue and therefore became soap like.
Old May 21st 2007, 7:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of ours saw the Skeggs woman in a Perth supermarket a few months back. She was with a different bloke to the one in the series and looked really rough.
Old May 21st 2007, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A friend of ours saw the Skeggs woman in a Perth supermarket a few months back. She was with a different bloke to the one in the series and looked really rough.
ooooooooooooo gossip!!!!!
I love it, lol
Old May 21st 2007, 8:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanH
What about the lot that went to Tasmania to run a shop? Did the son ever get a girlfriend
Hi, They have now become citizens and are in the process of moving to Queensland. The shop was always a means to an end, regarding citizenship.

Unfortunately, during filming Brian had a bust up with the producer and hence went fishing whenever possible to avoid the whole process.

Overall they have been very happy, but as said they hope to move to Queensland to run a small farm.

Pete
Old May 21st 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But that's not how it's portrayed. They (the producers) have edited to such an extent that stuff they are talking about comes over as being about something else. For example the classic clip of Mandy Skeggs moaning about white hearses - she wasn't, she had been talking about other stuff as well as the hearses and they changed it to make her sound like a constant whinger. And the Rachel Russell being a bitch to the guy she was with, you heard nothing about what he had done and was doing, they had him come across as poor hard done by and treated like shit when in actual fact she was responding to the fact that he was being a total shit 24/7.

Were it a film about their lives unedited then it wouldn't be soap like. As it was, it was, in the main, untrue and therefore became soap like.
So you know everyone on the show, including producers etc, were you an adviser to content perhaps, highly paid?

Last edited by Bonnybute; May 21st 2007 at 10:33 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 21st 2007, 10:17 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

It was probably a different woman
Old May 21st 2007, 11:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
It was probably a different woman
Why?
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Tracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really niceTracker is just really nice

So you know everyone on the show, including producers etc, were you an adviser to content perhaps, highly paid?

of course its all edited to make
good tv.

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; May 22nd 2007 at 8:23 am. Reason: bit personal
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have some friends who appeared on the latest series of Wanted Down Under. While they came out in a favourable light they said the editing was downright criminal. They were in Perth for 10 days filming condensed into 45 minute show.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

jules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to alljules is a name known to all

I saw the husband at my work with a different woman a few days ago
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:00 am
Chris

tscw1 will become famous soon enough

The producers of 'documentaries' can be very misleading when they are talking to someone they would like to make the documentary about.

I was nearly involved in one, I was interviewed about a medical condition I have and I believed it would be an informative programme explaining the ins and outs and containing interviews from several sufferers of it, but after thinking about it declined as I didn't want to be forever known as the person off THAT programme with THAT condition.

They continued with the documentary but showing only one person and his struggles, but it was really poor, I remember thinking then I had a lucky escape.

You are going out to millions (or thousands in a Place Down under's target audience) and you are at the mercy of the people who produce and sell it to put whatever spin they think will sell it.

Chris
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

I loved it, and thought it was a brilliant programme.

would love real updates, from the show though, I'm sure, lots of people, would like to know, who stayed and who left etc.

but it was brilliant entertainment, and wonderful insight, to every issue, faced with emmigrating.

I'm sorry to hear, some people were unhappy with editing, but it was great viewing.

Last edited by Bonnybute; May 22nd 2007 at 11:42 am. Reason: seriously bad spelling.. lol lol
Old May 22nd 2007, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ho ho ho. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you what is going on on these programmes and when some of the people involved have come on BE in the past and explained what happened, when how etc etc I tend to make my own mind up about such things. It is pure entertainment and you enjoyed it - it's not real life, get over it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.