Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by Daviesfamily
Hi,
Yes we are the Welsh family from the show. I did become a postman and still am. Michelle is an accounts manager with a different company than the one in the program. Jason is now a paratrooper in the Australian army and Natalie has settled down and has 2 children a boy and a girl. We have built a house not far from patterson lakes and it is lovely. I am glad you enjoyed the show, when you get here get in touch. You will love it here its excellent.
Tony & Michelle
hi tony and michelle, watched the show also and as said before you guys came across the most natural, just a few questions if i may firstly how is granpaps (grandad) i think thats what natalie called him,and what become of pizza boy - not together i assume ,when was all this filmed as i only saw it a year or so ago and for natalie to have 2 kids it must have been filmed a lot longer and i must have seen the re-runs or repeats, how old are they if you dont mind me asking, would love to see an up-date of the show,
sarah
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annb
Rachels a friend of mine...shes still in the Gold coast, working at TAFE teaching health and fitness....she married someone else 2yrs ago but about 2mths after they got married he ripped her off big time so she isnt any longer married to him...she is a PR now and is doing quite well and keeping clear of men!!
Good to hear that.

My kids knew hers when we were over there and thought they were great. Not cheeky little monkeys as they were protrayed!!

My nephew lives in Robina and was friends with her daughter and he said she was lovely and kind. He has also seen the show and said its nothing like the family

As the mother of a 16 year old and a 12 (almost teen- oh no!!!) I know only too well that they are hormonal and attitudey - which mostly comes out when they are embarrassed or uncomfortable or just cos!!!!! Doesnt mean they are the spawn of Satan!!!!!

I hope things work out for her - keep us posted as to how she is doing, its good to hear.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

I find this funny, we had divided opionion, the kids, well they were just kids, so never had an opionion, pobably good eggs anyway both parents had some kind of sensability,

the first thing I thought about him, he's a player, and the GF looked tired and bored of him....

I mean he showed them daft cars more time than anything else, and whats that about, crying into a coffee cup in Melbourne, spineless git....

Wonder how he feels this icy morning in the UK?

Originally Posted by johull
Good to hear that.

My kids knew hers when we were over there and thought they were great. Not cheeky little monkeys as they were protrayed!!

My nephew lives in Robina and was friends with her daughter and he said she was lovely and kind. He has also seen the show and said its nothing like the family

As the mother of a 16 year old and a 12 (almost teen- oh no!!!) I know only too well that they are hormonal and attitudey - which mostly comes out when they are embarrassed or uncomfortable or just cos!!!!! Doesnt mean they are the spawn of Satan!!!!!

I hope things work out for her - keep us posted as to how she is doing, its good to hear.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by sarahlou
hi tony and michelle, watched the show also and as said before you guys came across the most natural, just a few questions if i may firstly how is granpaps (grandad) i think thats what natalie called him,and what become of pizza boy - not together i assume ,when was all this filmed as i only saw it a year or so ago and for natalie to have 2 kids it must have been filmed a lot longer and i must have seen the re-runs or repeats, how old are they if you dont mind me asking, would love to see an up-date of the show,
sarah
Hi
My dad or bampi as Natalie calls him is fine and still living in Swansea. As for pizza boy I think that was made up a bit for the show, Nat liked him but that was it really. He already had a girlfriend. For ages after people would come up to us and ask Nat hows pizza boy.
This was filmed in 2003, Nat is 20 now and Jason is 22.
We would love to do an update, perhaps we should get a petition going to granada.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Hi
My dad or bampi as Natalie calls him is fine and still living in Swansea. As for pizza boy I think that was made up a bit for the show, Nat liked him but that was it really. He already had a girlfriend. For ages after people would come up to us and ask Nat hows pizza boy.
This was filmed in 2003, Nat is 20 now and Jason is 22.
We would love to do an update, perhaps we should get a petition going to granada.
Tony & Michelle

I think you could do it privately, and make some serious dosh, and then go to air,

you have contacts.....

instead of Kiss, get Metallica or Iron Maiden or even a bit of KORN..
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

simsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nicesimsy is just really nice

Hi Tony

i remember watching your show all those years ago, your family were a great inspiration espcially as i was brought up in swansea and knew the area that you were from, st thomas wasnt it? it put my mind to thinking that we could also do it.

we have been in adelaide two years now and are absolutely loving it.

we too are back in swansea next july, just booked it last weekend - may see you in barons never know

best of luck
nicola
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Daviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really niceDaviesfamily is just really nice

Originally Posted by simsy
Hi Tony

i remember watching your show all those years ago, your family were a great inspiration espcially as i was brought up in swansea and knew the area that you were from, st thomas wasnt it? it put my mind to thinking that we could also do it.

we have been in adelaide two years now and are absolutely loving it.

we too are back in swansea next july, just booked it last weekend - may see you in barons never know

best of luck
nicola
Hi Nicola,
We used to live in Llansamlet and the funny thing is my wife was looking at the property page in the evening post online and she saw the house we sold to come here is up for sale again.
Thats a coincidence you going back the same time. I dont think Barons is there anymore, I think that whole block is either knocked down or closed.
Barons had become a bit of a dump in the end so I think its for the best.
Maybe see you down wind street instead.
Tony & Michelle
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Yes we are the Welsh family from the show. I did become a postman and still am. Michelle is an accounts manager with a different company than the one in the program. Jason is now a paratrooper in the Australian army and Natalie has settled down and has 2 children a boy and a girl. We have built a house not far from patterson lakes and it is lovely. I am glad you enjoyed the show, when you get here get in touch. You will love it here its excellent.
Tony & Michelle
Wow! Remember watching the show (over and over again) in the UK. Nice to see you are all settled. We've been here about 18 months now and it's still tough. Been back to the UK once and unfortunately didn't make me any more settled.

All the best

Ginny
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

I believe gene simmons is 6ft 2 or 3 and the boots they wear have something like 6 inch platforms on them obviously the heels are much bigger. They must stand about 7 foot in their boots. I felt like a dwarf next to them.
Tony

Hi Tony,
Just read that Kiss are to play at the F1 Grand Prix next March.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=83383

Regards,

Tim
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geelong
Hi Tony,
Just read that Kiss are to play at the F1 Grand Prix next March.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=83383

Regards,

Tim

EXCELLENT, I will be there for that.
Rock on.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stitch
Wow! Remember watching the show (over and over again) in the UK. Nice to see you are all settled. We've been here about 18 months now and it's still tough. Been back to the UK once and unfortunately didn't make me any more settled.

All the best

Ginny
Hi Ginny,
Stick with it, It will get better with time. Just try to think of Australia as home and the UK as a holiday destination. Summer is upon us that should make you feel better, look at the summer they had in the UK.
Hope you feel better about it soon.
Tony & Michelle