Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

boogle75 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Originally Posted by fnord
Yes. Mandy Skeggs got hate mail and abusive phone calls from Aussies after it was shown. Take a look here for a transcript of an interview she did later on ABC.
Hi we took to watching the show A PLACE DOWN UNDER. No wonder that some Australians give expats or some expacts such a hard time.We are now in the process of getting our visa to emigrate and i want to take my family over simply because Australia seems to be such a better country.That being undenyable why do people who have moved over moan about the country?If they dont like it or are so unhappy why dont they go home?I cant wait to get over and fingers crossed we'll make it but i'm not expecting ti to be a bed of roses,yes my wife may not like being away from friends and family or my kids may find it hard to settle but unlike Mandy Skegg we'll stick it out or come home but i will never moan about a country that is willing to accept us and try to give us a better life.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boogle75
Hi we took to watching the show A PLACE DOWN UNDER. No wonder that some Australians give expats or some expacts such a hard time.We are now in the process of getting our visa to emigrate and i want to take my family over simply because Australia seems to be such a better country.That being undenyable why do people who have moved over moan about the country?If they dont like it or are so unhappy why dont they go home?I cant wait to get over and fingers crossed we'll make it but i'm not expecting ti to be a bed of roses,yes my wife may not like being away from friends and family or my kids may find it hard to settle but unlike Mandy Skegg we'll stick it out or come home but i will never moan about a country that is willing to accept us and try to give us a better life.
Can I suggest that you actually move here and live here before you make such statements as i will never moan?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:34 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can I suggest that you actually move here and live here before you make such statements as i will never moan?
have to agree Polly, im happy here, but there are still things i'll have a moan about (quietly to myself of course )
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Polly

Bit of a harsh reply for a first time poster???? You'll scare them all away.

Di x
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
Polly

Bit of a harsh reply for a first time poster???? You'll scare them all away.

Di x
Maybe it was just a passing troll looking to heat up the forum ???
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:32 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Awww I remember those thoughts well.....then we came to live in Oz. Try not to be too quick to judge until you get here. I really hope you have no cause to moan and you get what you are looking for.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:04 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Hiya

The Jones family here from WDU, just to let you know I got a phone call from the BBC last week, they are going to film 8 of us in an update when we move to Oz (20th Aug) so I will keep you all informed

Sarahx
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:14 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya

The Jones family here from WDU, just to let you know I got a phone call from the BBC last week, they are going to film 8 of us in an update when we move to Oz (20th Aug) so I will keep you all informed

Sarahx
Oh wow, that's fantastic. Are you happy to do it? Were you happy with the way they showed you on the show?

Gill
Old Jul 13th 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Thats great news hoppity,

I really look forward to seeing it.

I really enjoyed watching the programme on your visit for some reason i really connected to your family, felt you were all down to earth and not pretencious at all.

You also brought a tear to my eye when you got upset about your brother.

I truly wish you all the best for the future.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:24 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Thanks again, the BBC in my opinion showed us to our true light, we have since met people on met ups and they say that we are very like we are on tv, down to earth people so the BBC must have done something right for us anyway.

Sarahx
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:09 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I've only ever seen one episode of WDU and it was hilarious. The chap was a dentist and he was married and they had 1 or 2 kids. They moaned about almost everything and were disppointed in everything. Then when they were asked which was better, they said, "Australia"! That made me laugh so hard.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya

Sarahx
I am friends with the couple from Luton (the butcher not the dentist!) and they got the call too. Should be interesting.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

boogle75 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

I've just left the box where i looked myself after being slaughtered by you after my "I'LL NEVER MOAN"comment.Hence why its taken so long to reply(to scared to turn the computer back on) A little harsh on me but hey i'll take it.Ok possibly not the right thing to have said as i moan about most things but still you would not publicly do it as much would you?
Try to be a little more gentle on me.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Hi Boogle

I wouldn't bank on it, there are many vicious posters on here

Hope you and your family 'go for it', and good luck with your dream.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:16 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

I've just left the box where i looked myself after being slaughtered by you after my "I'LL NEVER MOAN"comment.Hence why its taken so long to reply(to scared to turn the computer back on) A little harsh on me but hey i'll take it.Ok possibly not the right thing to have said as i moan about most things but still you would not publicly do it as much would you?
Try to be a little more gentle on me.
Hi Boogle
Are you Mandy Skeggs - if you are i thought you were brill - you had me in stitches with your moaning - the white hearst had me in stitches. Im sorry but i really did think you were very comical.
Take care - hope you are all keeping well.
Love Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.