Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A place downunder - where are they all now?

A place downunder - where are they all now?

Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:21 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all
Default Re: A place downunder - where are they all now?

Hiya we are the Jones family on WDU, my husband was the carpet fitter we are still in the UK, have the shipping company coming on Monday to take all our stuff, we will be heading to Pacific Pines mid-end August time.

Sarahx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HOPPITY
Hiya we are the Jones family on WDU, my husband was the carpet fitter we are still in the UK, have the shipping company coming on Monday to take all our stuff, we will be heading to Pacific Pines mid-end August time.

Sarahx
Best of Luck, have a great time
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:24 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Sarahx
Hello Sarah

Just finished watching a place down under. Brilliant!!!

We arrive there on 1st September, so hopefully you, Tasha and myself could meet up sometime in Septemeber.

I'm hoping to see Tasha before is goes.

Speak to you soon
Julie
xxx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Hello Sarah

Just finished watching a place down under. Brilliant!!!

We arrive there on 1st September, so hopefully you, Tasha and myself could meet up sometime in Septemeber.

I'm hoping to see Tasha before is goes.

Speak to you soon
Julie
xxx
Hiya Julie

Defo would love to meet up with you also, we have the shipping company coming Monday to take our furniture, we are then going to move into Don's mun & dads so we can get things sorted over here. I will be calling Tasha in a couple of weeks to see if we can arrange a meet b4 we go, so will keep you posted.

Sarahx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:37 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Julie

Defo would love to meet up with you also, we have the shipping company coming Monday to take our furniture, we are then going to move into Don's mun & dads so we can get things sorted over here. I will be calling Tasha in a couple of weeks to see if we can arrange a meet b4 we go, so will keep you posted.

Sarahx
Brilliant!!!

Speak to you then

xxx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

seashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really nice

Sarahx
Hiya Sarah,
Do you know if Wanted Down Under is to be repeated ? as I missed it first time around.

Michelle
Old Jun 7th 2007, 7:59 am
JONES FAMILY

Hiya Michelle

Not repeated yet, but I think you can down load it from UK nova

Hope this helps

Sarahx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Hiya Michelle

Hope this helps

Sarahx
Watched the show Sarah and so pleased it all worked out positively for you. Good Luck x
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:33 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Hiya Michelle

Hope this helps

Sarahx
Hi Sarah
It seems along time ago since I watched the programme. Its nice to see all is going well for you, good luck with the removals on Monday And good look settling in OZ.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

lfc4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RachaelW
The Ashtons who were on the Adelaide show have now emigrated a few months back.
R.
what do you mean 'emigrated', have they gone back to the uk? obviously they initially 'emigrated' to oz
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

beckywinsper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lfc4eva
what do you mean 'emigrated', have they gone back to the uk? obviously they initially 'emigrated' to oz
I think it means, the Ashtons visited Adelaide on the show and now they have emigrated there??!!! Please correct me if i'm wrong??!!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:30 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by leftfieldlover
I watched all of those programmes when they were on in January/February - I was off sick for weeks with a smashed up arm Would love to see an update of them all. Some families were more impressive than others. Does anyone remember the dentist or the butcher?
My hubby watched it as he was off sick at the time too but not with a smashed arm he had nads the size of an elephants after having a vasectomy and getting a bad infection, oh dear.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Sarah Good luck to your family I loved watching wanted down under and it has insipred my family and I to pursue our move again which we put on hold 3 years ago. Hoping to move over to north Brisbane sept/oct.!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:45 am
JONES FAMILY

Hiya

Thankyou all for your replies, I am hoping the BBC will do a follow up of the show, so watch this space, good luck to all of you doing the process and keep us informed of how you get on.

Sarahx
Old Jun 8th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

I hated WDU, not the families, but the programme itself :curse:, they barely gave those poor families time to really enjoy the destination, and if I saw that Flag Flipping thing again, I think I'll cry and cry...

How can anyone get over the ruddy jetlag, start a job, for a day, and get your butt out and about to really get a feel for the place, and Nadia was so irritating.. it was all so unfair on the families..

hope they're all getting on with relocating, without the 'help' of Nadia the hologram

p.s. was she really there, or was she superimposed into footage after the fact

Last edited by Bonnybute; Jun 8th 2007 at 11:16 am. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.