Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Place Down Under

A Place Down Under

Old May 15th 2007, 3:06 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Place Down Under

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
she's moving to melbourne mate
That WASN'T funny.........

D D
Old May 15th 2007, 3:14 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
hey thats not the windge from perth is it
dont worry mate, shes moving to melbourne to be best mates with Val
Old May 15th 2007, 3:18 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

flippin hell wheres the edit button when you need it..
i hope she doesn't drive there she will have a heart attack with all those traffic lights...mind you she will of knitted hundreds of jumpers..
Old May 15th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

hey thats not the windge from perth is it
No, the gym instructor from baths teenage daughter. I'm sure its only hormones but my god, she comes across as a right spoilt little brat.

Today she's sat there saying how she wants to shop and needs a mobile and how she's going to bug someone (namely mum) until she gets it. Poor blokes just looking at her with a bemused expression on his face.

saying that, I bet my daughte has the same priorities. My response to that will be the same as always............feel free to get a job. Shuts her up every time
Old May 15th 2007, 4:41 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
No, the gym instructor from baths teenage daughter. I'm sure its only hormones but my god, she comes across as a right spoilt little brat.

Today she's sat there saying how she wants to shop and needs a mobile and how she's going to bug someone (namely mum) until she gets it. Poor blokes just looking at her with a bemused expression on his face.

saying that, I bet my daughte has the same priorities. My response to that will be the same as always............feel free to get a job. Shuts her up every time
hey is that the program when a chaps wife dies and he takes his son and daughter down under..i wonder what happened them??
Old May 15th 2007, 4:48 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough

I have really enjoyed watching this program the last couple of days, even if it is not supposed to be realistic, does anyone know if there are any torrents or someway of watching them?
Old May 16th 2007, 2:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Try and remember two things guys - this series was heavily edited for TV, as all of them are - if you do a search on the title you will find the comments from the first time it was aired, a few years ago.
Also, some of the families on the programme may still frequent the forum, so please go easy on the personal comments and remember their characters as portrayed by the editing team may not be a true reflection of reality.....

Last edited by Pollyana; May 16th 2007 at 2:50 am.
Old May 16th 2007, 3:16 am
Banned

yes ,i agree polly,sorry to that lady for my comments,
edited or not she was having a good old moan about the usual stupid things that i and i am sure other people who are moving to perth are fed up reading and arguing about..
my comments were harsh but were just about to move our kids to the very place she was having a good old moan about..
and if i remember right,when the very first program was on even before i thought about going to australia ,she was having a good old moan about how degrading it was for her hubby to be laying bricks...i havent done to bad out of it,earning most years double what a site agent does..
well i just wanted to explain my rant..
no hard feelings if you ever read this luv but i hope you can see my point..
Old May 16th 2007, 3:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

yes ,i agree polly,sorry to that lady for my comments,
edited or not she was having a good old moan about the usual stupid things that i and i am sure other people who are moving to perth are fed up reading and arguing about..
my comments were harsh but were just about to move our kids to the very place she was having a good old moan about..
and if i remember right,when the very first program was on even before i thought about going to australia ,she was having a good old moan about how degrading it was for her hubby to be laying bricks...i havent done to bad out of it,earning most years double what a site agent does..
well i just wanted to explain my rant..
no hard feelings if you ever read this luv but i hope you can see my point..
Having seen the series the first time round, it was good TV; the problem was remembering that it was edited for TV, and not edited as the people in the programme would necessarily like.....My life here could be edited in two ways for example - ecstatic love for the place, or btter hatred.......neither of which is actually the truth!

If you search for the original threads when it was first aired - the names of the families will find some - you'll find some nasty comments, same as when the latest series was aired. Its one reason why a lot of posters on here would think twice before appearing in such a programme......
Old May 16th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Same here, fell out with most of mine when we told them the news! - just my mum (73) who will take it a bit hard.... and there is no chance of teaching her to use skype or msn [/QUOTE]

~Just to say that my Father in law who was completely adverse to the computer now pesters us constantly through skype and MSN -- he's 71 and we bought him a webcam for Xmas and he has got really enthusiastic about it -- he so amazed by the technology and is now delving into other stuff -- even bought a digital camera the other day so he can send us pictures of his garden and our cats (he had them when we moved) so could be worth trying to set her up with stuff before you come out!
Old May 16th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna

You're quite right of course, they only show the bits that are bound to interest the viewers. But I still think the Singletons have the right attitude, one which I shall aim to adopt when we get there, cos I'm fond of moaning too and I must not turn into a whinging pom, not a good way to win friends!
Sammy
Old May 16th 2007, 9:01 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

hey is that the program when a chaps wife dies and he takes his son and daughter down under..i wonder what happened them??

Hiya Janine Vorster has recently posted on here, she is the new wife of Steve, Stephanie and her brother are now back in the UK and Steph now has a baby of her own

SArahx
Old May 16th 2007, 10:37 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Not sure whether it made feel more anxious or less! Poor woman whose son decided to leave after 4 days, at least my kids can't do that for a few years (they are only 8 and 10!)
Don't like most of my family so will only have a couple of difficult goodbyes to do!
Sammy
Why is it that family make it awkward for you when you decide to leave for Oz

My step mum is the worst and she really does not mean a thing to me!

My mum died and oh mum died and she will never replace them.

Take care
Carol Perth in Oz very soon

Preparing house to sell
Old May 16th 2007, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

windge,winge.flippin windge....at least those singletons are smiling
Hi,
Assume you knew that the long haired, sulky son went back to the UK.
In fact if you do a mental revue of the series, the problems all seem to stem from the youth in the family "missing their friends and family" is the much wailed lament.
Yesterday one of our *house viewers told us that a friend living in Perth for the past 12 months, are heading back to the UK. They have two "kids" 18 and 15 years old.... the 18 year old cannot settle or make friends!

I upset Janine Vorster when I replied in an earlier post, saying that the kids dont really have a choice. I have cleared myself with Janine in that its not a critisim of Steve, its a general observation of familes moving to Oz.
All the talk and perhaps a recce of Austrailia - dont get past the holiday mentality and emmigration seems a good option.
The problems seem to start when real ( aussie) life kicks in.
We are doing it in reverse.. the kids went over 2 years ago...now we can join them!

* Happy announcement = House for sale - viewers coming through - CP visa application going in next week. Five years of waiting done - we are heading for a silver surfers gap year and in another 12-15 months and a trip to Aukland and we will ( hopefully) be living the life!

Old May 16th 2007, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi,
Assume you knew that the long haired, sulky son went back to the UK.
Yes he did during the programme filming, but he came back again and now they all have citizenship! Our friends met them a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.