Reload this Page >

Which Place is best for kids Perth or Melbourne

Which Place is best for kids Perth or Melbourne

Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

ozbosses is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Place is best for kids Perth or Melbourne

Hello everyone
What a great site this is, it is a mine of information.
We are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 8 and 14 who are absolutely mad about sport especially soccer.
We currently run a business in Yorkshire and are hoping to uproot and start again in Oz, we have both just reached 40 [is this a midlife crisis or what].
We honestly think that the Aussie way of life will suit us and especially the kids more than anything.
We will welcome any advice given on where to head for.
We would also like to hear from people who are going on a business visa.
Many thanks.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:38 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Place is best for kids Perth or Melbourne

Originally Posted by ozbosses
We are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 8 and 14 who are absolutely mad about sport especially soccer.
Melbourne - dont even have to think about it
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:41 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thebears
Melbourne - dont even have to think about it
What she said
Old Jan 27th 2007, 9:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Spikey
What she said
Shes a he but I agree.

I'm a poet.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

BIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really niceBIDERCLAN is just really nice

hi
Not in Oz yet, due to go in April/may - we are 40 have 3 kids 12,14,16 and without a doubt Melbourne is the place to be for sports mad teenagers Also very family orientated - go for it - sod the mid life crisis thing - if it feels right

Debbie
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:53 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BIDERCLAN
sod the mid life crisis thing - if it feels right

Debbie
Sod the mid life crisis Debbie, According to Spikey I'm suffering gender issues

Welcome to Melbourne (in advance) by the way

MR BEAR

MALE - ie likes women

alot
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't advise anyone to pick a place just because it's better for kids sports !

You need to go where the work is and where you can earn a decent wage so that everyone is happy - no point in being a place everyone loves if you can't afford to eat.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks for all your replies.
Our work will obviously be our main priority, we are looking to set up or buy an existing business, hopefully.
We are a sports orientated family so it is also important that we end up where there will be plenty of sports and leisure facilities.We have found from past experience that by joining a sports club it as opened up our circle of friends cosiderably so we think that will also help us settle quicker.
Melbourne is looking quite promising even though we have been told that the weather can be a little dodgy, but we have always lived in Yorkshire so I am sure that it can't be as cold as some of the winters we have experienced.
We have never been to Oz so we are relying on other peoples experiences and as my OH says S*** or Bust You only get one life so live it
Good luck everyone especially the Biderclan on your move to Melbourne, don't forget to let us know how you go on.

Bye for now
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:26 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozbosses
Thanks for all your replies.
Our work will obviously be our main priority, we are looking to set up or buy an existing business, hopefully.
We are a sports orientated family so it is also important that we end up where there will be plenty of sports and leisure facilities.We have found from past experience that by joining a sports club it as opened up our circle of friends cosiderably so we think that will also help us settle quicker.
Melbourne is looking quite promising even though we have been told that the weather can be a little dodgy, but we have always lived in Yorkshire so I am sure that it can't be as cold as some of the winters we have experienced.
We have never been to Oz so we are relying on other peoples experiences and as my OH says S*** or Bust You only get one life so live it
Good luck everyone especially the Biderclan on your move to Melbourne, don't forget to let us know how you go on.

Bye for now
What business are you planning on setting up when you get down under ?

That might also be of major relevance when deciding where to move to.

With regards to the weather in Melbourne, I dont think you will have any real worries. It can be very changable, but if you take into account that Melbourne has been suffereing from well below average rainfall for the last (I thought) 4 years, it is that bad,
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

We currently own a couple of shops in the uk one is a card and gift shop the other is toiletry shop so I think we will probably look to doing something similar if there is a demand, we are still doing our research. If there is no demand we are willing to try anything. We are lucky enough to be mortgage free so that will be one less worry.
We hope to find an area with good schools and shopping area nearby where we can hopefully start again, we have done it once in the UK so hopefully we can do it again.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:39 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Shes a he but I agree.

I'm a poet.
and you know it