Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pipefitters working in oz/employers info please

pipefitters working in oz/employers info please

Old Mar 10th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default pipefitters working in oz/employers info please

Hi guys i be going to oz in the near future,i have had my visa over a year now,but not been the right time for me to make the move,since this time i have been taking note of employers,agency's etc that advertise for pipefitters,or deal with this sort of trade,i have a number of ones wrote down but want to get as much as i can so when i get there i can ask around,if if i am paid off one job i have other contacts to try.

I want to know the main players in oz,like back in the uk this would be like psn,woodgroup,amec just to name a few who are the to contractors for the likes of oil companies like shell,bp,mobil etc.

I have worked with some agency's also but normally with the company names above,If someone is the same line or work and has a list would be great if you could pass this on.

I also see that the gorgon job will kick off sometime is this later in the year or next year,and does anyone know who the companies will be that look for guys,or will there be many.

I am also interested to know the ones that deal more on the offshore side as i work and have worked a lot offshore here in the uk,and also the companies who offer the best rates and time off at home,i have seen in the past that some companies offer very little time off and a lot of time away.

thnaks in advance
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:44 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pipefitters working in oz/employers info please

Originally Posted by brian.w

I also see that the gorgon job will kick off sometime is this later in the year or next year,and does anyone know who the companies will be that look for guys,or will there be many.

I am also interested to know the ones that deal more on the offshore side as i work and have worked a lot offshore here in the uk,and also the companies who offer the best rates and time off at home,i have seen in the past that some companies offer very little time off and a lot of time away.

thnaks in advance
Hi, there are a couple of posters on here who have much more intimate knowledge of Gorgon and the north west shelf stuff, but I'm pretty sure nearly all the Gorgon stuff is being done offshore.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:37 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: pipefitters working in oz/employers info please

Yeah mate GORGON is the only work you need to know.