Pipe Fitters

Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice
Default Pipe Fitters

Are there any pipe fitters who have managed or are in the process of trying to get a skilled migrant visa? My husband has been advised to apply as a metal fabricator as the title 'pipe fitter' doesn't really seem to be used in Oz. We are a bit confused about how to word his application. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:05 pm
Brisbane or bust!

Hooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant futureHooch&Lol has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pipe Fitters

Hi,

I'm not very knowledgeable on the different visa classes but, what sort of pipefitting does your Husband do? I'm fairly sure that they will have a job section for:- Petrochemical Engineers, Gas Engineers etc.

Sorry if it's not much help! I'm in a similar position since I am a Gas Engineer, however my wife is the primary candidate on our visa so I didn't have to specify my job in detail.

Just to 'rub salt into the wounds' we have our visa and are moving to Brisbane in April 2007!!

Hooch.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

jopaul will become famous soon enoughjopaul will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hello kitty
Are there any pipe fitters who have managed or are in the process of trying to get a skilled migrant visa? My husband has been advised to apply as a metal fabricator as the title 'pipe fitter' doesn't really seem to be used in Oz. We are a bit confused about how to word his application. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi there My OH is a heating and ventilating engineer (pipefitter welder) and we applied for 136 modl skilled visa as a mechanical services and air conditioning engineer. is that similar to your husbands??? Jo x
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:47 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo

You beat me to it.

Hi Kitty

We to are going on mechanical services and air conditioning {pipefitter welder} could it be option for you to.

Kaye
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

hello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nicehello kitty is just really nice

My hubby doesn't actually weld so I don't know if that would be an option. We were advised to go for metal fabricator by the emigration service we are using. I'm just a bit confused as all his paperwork & certificates show him to be a pipe fitter & I'm wondering whether he should write this as his qualification on the application. Also, his first year of his training was with one college & years 2 & 3 with another. During all 3 years he had a placement with another company for the practical side of the training. Does this mean he needs 2 college references & a work placement reference? I am soooo confused!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:30 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I know it all seems confusing. This is what we did to get maximum points name job that is listed on skill lists dont put down what he does in UK if not on list.

For example my OH is Pipe fitter welder/ heating engineer this is not on list but when looking at descriptions of jobs on list his occupation for the purpose of emigrating is mechanical services and air conditioning plumber so we put this on application forms.

He did not need seperate college reference he described in detail each year of college study as part of apprenticeship training..... Did he go to college as release from his practical training placement {apprenticeship} if yes just attach it to the work placement reference from that company his qualification papers will prove he went to college.

We submitted 2 references: his first reference included college details and placement details {this covered him for 16 years including apprenticeship}........ 2nd reference was a subsequent job he had just covering work details.

Hope all that makes sense I did try

Good luck
Kaye
Old Jan 19th 2007, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi

I know it all seems confusing. This is what we did to get maximum points name job that is listed on skill lists dont put down what he does in UK if not on list.

For example my OH is Pipe fitter welder/ heating engineer this is not on list but when looking at descriptions of jobs on list his occupation for the purpose of emigrating is mechanical services and air conditioning plumber so we put this on application forms.

He did not need seperate college reference he described in detail each year of college study as part of apprenticeship training..... Did he go to college as release from his practical training placement {apprenticeship} if yes just attach it to the work placement reference from that company his qualification papers will prove he went to college.

We submitted 2 references: his first reference included college details and placement details {this covered him for 16 years including apprenticeship}........ 2nd reference was a subsequent job he had just covering work details.

Hope all that makes sense I did try

Good luck
Kaye
Hi Kaye think that was put beautifully! i would have said the same thing. did you get the email? Hi Kitty>

hi there also other thing is, that i had to contact all the companies my OH worked for and ask them to confirm that he had worked for them for the dates stated. however if that company does not exist anymore, then i have a style of letter to write if you need a copy. It is lots of paperwork for the TRA but it will be sooooo worth it in the end XXXXX Jo
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:04 pm
aka DORIS

Hi Jo

Have pm'd you

Kaye
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kaye

I have P'm you with that list hope you get it
let me know
Jo
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:48 pm
aka DORIS

Hi JO

Not getting any list or message either in private email or on pm on this site sorry.

Keep trying

Kaye
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi JO

Not getting any list or message either in private email or on pm on this site sorry.

Keep trying

Kaye
Hi Kaye

Ok will do cant understand it have punt in email address right, so should be on its way. will check again

Jo xxx
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:08 pm
aka DORIS

thanks Jo we got it will file that list it will come in useful

Kaye
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:10 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Either pipefitter/welder or boilermaker/welder, both are much sort after and you will get plenty of work in either trade.
Gasfitters on the other hand! forget it, over here a gasfitter is commonly called a mechanical plumber and unless you have C&G in the water side of things,,, well lets just say you might as well get used to the idea that you need a new trade and will be starting from scratch.
Been a gasfitter for over 20 years BG, TRANSCO, AMEC and now a apprentice at 43 yrs`old in the mines
Welders with TIG tickets are earning good bucks on the mine I work at.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:27 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulf
Either pipefitter/welder or boilermaker/welder, both are much sort after and you will get plenty of work in either trade.
Gasfitters on the other hand! forget it, over here a gasfitter is commonly called a mechanical plumber and unless you have C&G in the water side of things,,, well lets just say you might as well get used to the idea that you need a new trade and will be starting from scratch.
Been a gasfitter for over 20 years BG, TRANSCO, AMEC and now a apprentice at 43 yrs`old in the mines
Welders with TIG tickets are earning good bucks on the mine I work at.
how do you go about getting tig ticket? coded asme ix 6g here, but 18 months ago so no longer valid
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:04 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kporte
how do you go about getting tig ticket? coded asme ix 6g here, but 18 months ago so no longer valid
Getting a weld test is easy enough, lots of places do it over here, having the cert is just a door opener of course, you will have to do a weld test each time you apply for a job, to be honest there are guys that have no certifacation at all over here but they are Sh!t hot welders so they breeze through site specific weld tests no problem at all, if you are up to a high standard in welding you will have no problem at all getting good paid work here.
Coded stick is also a good earner on the mine and heavy construction sites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.