Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pipe fitter on working holiday visa( any jobs?)

pipe fitter on working holiday visa( any jobs?)

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default pipe fitter on working holiday visa( any jobs?)

I am over in oz on a working holiday visa and i may look for work in my trade as a pipefitter, i normally work in the oil and gas industry on sites and on the oil rigs.

Can anyone recommend places i can try online or offline where i can find such work, i am not sure if its called pipe fitters here in oz or something else but i know its pipe fitters elsewhere in the world.

I have a few places i can try but need to get as much info as possible and not sure where to look first, as when i went to a seminar back home a guy came over from perth and he said there was a demand for my skills there.

Maybe i will need to get myself there or try and contact someone there for work but i really want to stay in melbourne side of oz for now as i have my own car etc there now, but a travel job i could do meaning 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

any help on this would be great, i have been here only 4 weeks and i need to earn a little money before i move on.

If i dont get any work in my trade anyone know the best places to look for work online and offline for travelers like myself you want to earn something.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pipe fitter on working holiday visa( any jobs?)

Originally posted by brian.w
I am over in oz on a working holiday visa and i may look for work in my trade as a pipefitter, i normally work in the oil and gas industry on sites and on the oil rigs.

Can anyone recommend places i can try online or offline where i can find such work, i am not sure if its called pipe fitters here in oz or something else but i know its pipe fitters elsewhere in the world.

I have a few places i can try but need to get as much info as possible and not sure where to look first, as when i went to a seminar back home a guy came over from perth and he said there was a demand for my skills there.

Maybe i will need to get myself there or try and contact someone there for work but i really want to stay in melbourne side of oz for now as i have my own car etc there now, but a travel job i could do meaning 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

any help on this would be great, i have been here only 4 weeks and i need to earn a little money before i move on.

If i dont get any work in my trade anyone know the best places to look for work online and offline for travelers like myself you want to earn something.

Brian, I'm sure there would definitely be work in WA, particularly off the North West shelf of WA and I'm sure you'd get a fly in fly out type deal.

2 things though, 1) make sure you don't work for more than 3 months for the same employer 2) Why not use this as an opportunity to do different stuff, like seasonal agricultural work.

You are going to end up shagging a hell of a lot more swedish backpackers picking fruit than working on an oil rig.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Yes but i would not mind doing a bit of both working maybe on rigs or something like the two weeks on and off you say and also maybe picking fruit, but where can i find such jobs doing fruit picking etc.

And also those jobs you mention about two weeks on and off.

And yes shagging those swedish backpackers sounds very nice.

What do you recommend or i look?

Have only been here three weeks and not sure if i have missed the fruit picking season also interested to know about those pipe fitting jobs with weeks on and off.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

By the way, why i want to try a bit of both is because i may want to come back and live here one day and see if its somewhere i can live and i need to see how they work here in my trade.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brian.w
Yes but i would not mind doing a bit of both working maybe on rigs or something like the two weeks on and off you say and also maybe picking fruit, but where can i find such jobs doing fruit picking etc.

And also those jobs you mention about two weeks on and off.

And yes shagging those swedish backpackers sounds very nice.

What do you recommend or i look?

Have only been here three weeks and not sure if i have missed the fruit picking season also interested to know about those pipe fitting jobs with weeks on and off.
For fruit picking you turn up at the Orchards. I went to Batlow for the apples, nectarines and peaches. Apple picking will start soon. Once in the scene the other pickers will tell you where to follow on to. You won't get a fruit picking job out of town.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Try http://www.apia.net.au/ The Australian Pipeline Industry Association, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:35 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.nomadsworld.com/productde...&_cri22=_cat84