Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ping Pong Poms? What is making you Pong???

Ping Pong Poms? What is making you Pong???

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:45 pm
Merlot

Question Ping Pong Poms? What is making you Pong???

A few of you like me are on the way back to Australia, a few questions if I may?

How long were you in the UK?

What is making you "Pong" back to Aussie?

Are you going back to the same place you lived before or starting up fresh elsewhere?

Do you think you will settle for good this time or always feel torn between two places?

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:52 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping Pong Poms? What is making you Pong???

PMSL

Jeez Merlot, are you trying for the 'most posts started in one evening award.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:53 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by louise4
PMSL

Jeez Merlot, are you trying for the 'most posts started in one evening award.
I do try - LOL.

Got one of those minds when it has an idea it is OFF!!!!!

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:54 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I do try - LOL.

Got one of those minds when it has an idea it is OFF!!!!!

M
You sound so much like myself. hubby dare not mention anything that may start me off on a tangent.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:56 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of poms pong :scared:
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:57 pm
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by Perthforme
cheeky bugger
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:07 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Cause we only bathe once a week in a tin bath.

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:32 pm
ABCDiamond

A few of you like me are on the way back to Australia, a few questions if I may?

Are you going back to the same place you lived before or starting up fresh elsewhere?

Do you think you will settle for good this time or always feel torn between two places?

M
You really are wondering what to do aren't you

I think you know my situation, I ended up in another State when I came back, and was much happier

Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:37 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

I think you know my situation, I ended up in another State when I came back, and was much happier
Where were you the first time ABC?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

sackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant future

M
You know my answers already too.

Not yet convinced of going back.

Have been back in the UK for 11 years (I had to double check that against my CV; couldn't believe it was so long!).

Family support for my 2 daughters is the main reason for considering returning and also the reason for returning to Adelaide rather than Sydney. In fact I wouldn't return at all were it not for this family support. With the family support and lower housing costs comes the chance to change career direction too.

I'll always feel torn. The grass is always greener, but the costs of moving are a real drain on the finances. Moving to and fro is a sure recipe to end up poor.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:23 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Where were you the first time ABC?
I was in Sydney Western Suburbs for 10 years, then went back to UK, but after 4 years I just had to come back here again. I did go back to Sydney, but eventually moved up to SE QLD, and it's like a different world to me here.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:36 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Yep, my husband has never been 100% happy here, I think that is a big factor, plus I have spent some great times with my family, put to rest some issues and now I feel it is my time, I have to follow my own needs now.

I certainly think a change of state is called for, I love Sydney but only as a tourist, the NSW Central Coast I have good friends there but it is not my cup of tea. New challenges called for.

M

Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:38 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by sackofspuds
You know my answers already too.
Yep, I do like to read your posts.

Originally Posted by sackofspuds
I'll always feel torn. The grass is always greener, but the costs of moving are a real drain on the finances. Moving to and fro is a sure recipe to end up poor.
That is a very good reason, we need to settle properly and put down some roots.

Thanks
M