Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ping pong pomes that cant settle!

ping pong pomes that cant settle!

Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ping pong pomes that cant settle!

Originally Posted by fish.01
Have you always had this great timing
Some people I work with are holding me personally repsonsible for weather patterns across NSW.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:37 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sorry, darling but I'm not a middle aged housewife. Middle aged maybe, but I work full time and at the moment am sole breadwinner in my house. Oh, and I rarely drink, so am not sitting drinking Jacobs or anything else.
Could you describe in detail what you are actually wearing, and where you are placing your hands at this moment, middle aged bored housewives rule ok!

Keith, very happy.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Sip on Moet? I bathe in the stuff, my swimming pool (clam shell paddling pool/sandpit actuayy) is filled with Moet. Jacobs is purely for common people.

I dont really work a 40 hour week to pay my mortgage, I lounge around my house and make sure my nails are perfectly manicured, that my minge is perfectly waxed and my hair always immaculate.
"One of these things is not like the other."

Now: which one of these does PP definitely do..question to the forum.

My middle-aged wife does not work, and she is quite partial to Savignon Blanc from New Zulund. In fact, as she pointed out to me last year, no one she knows in her "circle" works. I was reminding her that 2 incomes are the norm, honestly. Well good for her, I say.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:26 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

well what can i say

i'm middle aged (i think....personally i think 50 and over is now middle aged, so not me yet!)
and i am sitting here enjoying a Jacobs....but am obviously not in the pool whilst doing so as i have a bad habit of dropping things in my pool and i don't think Alan would be best pleased if i dropped the new lap top he bought me for xmas in the pool!

but am not a housewife...i work but only school terms and hours

and whats wrong with that

oh and just to correct Dorothy.......... she does drink...... when she's with me!

oh and just to add to the post originally.....took me over 2 years to feel that Oz is home....doesn't stop me missing my mum like mad but can't see myself living in UK again now
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davesax
Yes but they're packed . There in't the option here of going down to the beach, jumping in the pool or choosing a quiet park to kick a ball around in the same way as there is in Aus . I'm talking about Perth here who's weather is pretty predictable most of the year - DRY . Only this morning we took a bike ride as there was a break in the snow / rain ( no cycle paths ) and almost turned round after 5 minutes through frost bite.

I think some of you middle aged house wives sitting in the air con or by the pool with your glass of Jacobs need to take a reality check about the UK at the moment - it's in a right hole - don't even get started on the economy ( petrol is about to go up to 1.40 ! ) and trades ( mine included ) are being undercut by workers who will work for peanuts .

Everyone is different that's why there are so many threads on the subject , its about what you want from life . For us ( at least 3 of us ) I have no doubt that I know where best place to live as a family, long term is and this is through recent experience of living in both places as a ping ponger ... and as citizens of both , we are lucky to have a choice
What a perceptive person you are (not) if you think we are all middle aged housewives living the high life

I hope your children will be wearing plenty of water resistant sunscreen while they are spending so much time outdoors!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
What a perceptive person you are (not) if you think we are all middle aged housewives living the high life

I hope your children will be wearing plenty of water resistant sunscreen while they are spending so much time outdoors!
Haha , pressed some buttons there then!
Yeah don't worry we spent 4 years in Perth and have shares in sunblock .

BTW Nothing wrong with Jocobs , very nice shiraz / cab shir .

Perth here we come
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:06 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Sip on Moet? I bathe in the stuff, my swimming pool (clam shell paddling pool/sandpit actuayy) is filled with Moet. Jacobs is purely for common people.

I dont really work a 40 hour week to pay my mortgage, I lounge around my house and make sure my nails are perfectly manicured, that my minge is perfectly waxed and my hair always immaculate.

And when I am not doing that, I am running round the house naked chasing my husband for sex with my titties bouncing around like a football.
LOVE IT!!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
oh and just to correct Dorothy.......... she does drink...... when she's with me!
Sssshhhhhh.

Originally Posted by Sam
oh and just to add to the post originally.....took me over 2 years to feel that Oz is home....
Me too. 2 years and the knowledge that I've got someone who would always listen to me and who felt the same way I did. Really glad we both stuck it out...If I'd left when I wanted to I would have missed out on so much here.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:07 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Sssshhhhhh.

Me too. 2 years and the knowledge that I've got someone who would always listen to me and who felt the same way I did. Really glad we both stuck it out...If I'd left when I wanted to I would have missed out on so much here.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

I think the only person, excuse, need to, want to, have to reason i would ever go back to the Uk for would be my daughter, as much as i love the rest of my family and friends, its her who still pulls beyond belief on my heart strings when i think of her, and even though i am determined to enjoy her being over here for 4 weeks in April I am already dreading the day she leaves

I still wish with all my wishyness that she will want to live here when she see's how fantastic it is, (rain rain go away)

But i am settledish and she is an adult so what will be will be xx
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

Since reaching adulthood I have lived for at least a year in Vancouver, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Boston and London and now 5 months in Melbourne. One thing I have learnt is that you leave a little (or large) piece of yourself in every place you live and you will always yearn for that until you return to to that place (Yes my soul is more fractured that He who cannot be named ) It is kind of like having a big family scattered across the globe. No matter where you are you are always missing someone!
So it is unrealistic to think that living in Oz is going to take away all pinings for the UK, even if you know logically that it is the best place to be. And then you get back to the UK and the pining for Oz begins etc The only way to deal with this is to acknowlege that it is going to happen, and to learn to make peace with it over time. Good luck to you!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:43 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynetteh
Since reaching adulthood I have lived for at least a year in Vancouver, Cape Town, Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Boston and London and now 5 months in Melbourne. One thing I have learnt is that you leave a little (or large) piece of yourself in every place you live and you will always yearn for that until you return to to that place (Yes my soul is more fractured that He who cannot be named ) It is kind of like having a big family scattered across the globe. No matter where you are you are always missing someone!
So it is unrealistic to think that living in Oz is going to take away all pinings for the UK, even if you know logically that it is the best place to be. And then you get back to the UK and the pining for Oz begins etc The only way to deal with this is to acknowlege that it is going to happen, and to learn to make peace with it over time. Good luck to you!
I like this
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynetteh
I wish I'd done as much as you have! What you say is sooo true though. I have a fractured soul too but I also have the best friends in the world in more places than I can count And free accommodation in many countries
No matter where you are you are always missing someone!
This is THE QUOTE OF THE YEAR and should be nominated for a BE award!