Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to Oz?

Wikiposts

From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to Oz?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:55 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to Oz?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Think someone must have put some in my aussie wine, coz i am the same!

Silly Tia
This migration/moving lark, should I stay or should I got business, not good for the nerves
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:55 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to Oz?

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Nupe, wasn't aimed at yourself, I mis-understood another posters comment. Didn't mean to offend them either

MMum
Did you get what I was saying about the meet?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:56 am

Nupe, is there something in the pipeline?

MMum
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:57 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

...uuummmmm.........cheap lettuce......

Nope, can't think of any others.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by diddy
...uuummmmm.........cheap lettuce......

Nope, can't think of any others.
I have also been reminded tonight about Aussie chicken sausages . . . mmmmmmmmm another plus
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:59 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Hope that helps

....aaawwwhhh, thought mine was better....lol!!!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

I have also been reminded tonight about Aussie chicken sausages . . . mmmmmmmmm another plus
think you need to sit and do 'the list' of pros and cons...........
where is your heart? where do you feel MOST settled? (you evidentially dont feel settled in either country, so where do you fell MOST settled?).

how would you feel if you were just put in either UK or Australia, and told you HAD to stay there?

xx
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Life is too short, to think like that, just go for it, you never know whats around the corner.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:20 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

OK I've got one. You get to watch I'm a Celebrity in the UK. I live 30 mins from the place and have no idea what's happening other than Annalise fell from a helicopter.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:23 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Nupe, is there something in the pipeline?

MMum
Don't get what you mean?

You were at the meet at Hartlepool marina earlier in the year, weren't you?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:30 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

I think it depends why you left UK in the first place. A person who, for example left because it "was going to the dogs" etc, having lived in Australia would now be in a good position to evaluate whether that is the case and whether Australia really is a better option.

I, on the other hand, came out here with my Australian spouse and had no complaints with the UK and would never have considered emigrating to Australia otherwise.

Having been here 18 years and having, I beleive, a fairly good insight into the country, its ways and its people, If I had returned to the UK, I doubt I would give serious consideration to returning here again. Maybe thats just me, but if you've no real gripe with the UK and you return here, all the "problems" typical to Australia which maybe got up your nose, and get up mine still, still remain and are laying in wait....

Good luck in your decision
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:37 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Think about when the gulf stream stops and the UK is under 10 foot of ice.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:23 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From a Ping Pong Pom, give me one good reason not to leave the UK & move back to

Originally Posted by renth
Think about when the gulf stream stops and the UK is under 10 foot of ice.
or when the temprature continues to rise and you run out of drinking water

http://www.cana.net.au/index.php?site_var=205
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:24 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
OK I've got one. You get to watch I'm a Celebrity in the UK. I live 30 mins from the place and have no idea what's happening other than Annalise fell from a helicopter.
That's 1-0 to Oz then
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have kids, if not why not ping pong till you feel happy enough to stay put. You cant do it with kids, they need constant education the systems are too different :scared: to even contemplate it. Cats can be left with kind rellies.

If your not a family and have the visas and are able to give up material posessions, stop churning it over and live wherever you want till you are sick of it. Thats exactly what I will do in 8 years when the youngest leaves school, then its me me me and if the australilan partner wants to go into a aussie lifestyle village he can go on his own .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.