Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pine Rivers Shire QLD

Pine Rivers Shire QLD

Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pine Rivers Shire QLD

Has anybody currenly living in the Pine Rivers shire in SE QLD got information to share about the different suburbs?

Schools, public transport, housing, recreational facilties etc.

Will be arriving in 2006 and need to finalise a suburb, and Pine Rivers has really caught my eye, must have a major reccee when we arrive. So any info before then will be welcome.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:51 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pine Rivers Shire QLD

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Has anybody currenly living in the Pine Rivers shire in SE QLD got information to share about the different suburbs?

Will be arriving in 2006 and need to finalise a suburb, and Pine Rivers has really caught my eye, must have a major reccee when we arrive. So any info before then will be welcome.
I'm sure shecha won't mind if you PM her. She lives there.
Sarah
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manxfamily

Pine Rivers isn't really a suburb but a council area.It stretches from about 12 km from the CBD in the North Western suburbs north to Kallangur and west to Samford and Dayboro which are 2 small townships.

Its so different from the UK as these areas were bushland until recently and so you don't get the nice old buildings and villagey feel which I missed when I first came here.The good thing is that there is lots of space. Because of this the suburbs are sprawling and you have to drive a lot to get anywhere.

Arana Hills,Albany Creek and Eatons Hill are nice suburbs lots of hills and trees-you can buy houses from about 300K upwards from 1970's 80's to brand new.Not too far from Brisbane city centre but only buses and no train.

Arana Hills,FernyHills,Everton Hills Albany Creek have lots of lowset brick and highset chamferboard/brick houses on about 650m2 blocks.They are family suburbs .

Strathpine and Petrie are about 25-30km from Brisbane centre with cheaper housing and on the train line into Brisbane(don't know how long it takes though).Strathpine isn't too posh but cheap to live there and good shops.Petrie has a nice area called Petrie on Pine with nice new housing.

Kallangur is cheaper with older fibro type houses l but lots of new housing estates popping up everywhere.Not far to Bribie Island and the surf beaches which are really quiet.I wouldn't like to drive into Brisbane from there.

Samford and Dayboro are farther out and have "acreage" properties and more expensive and fashionable.Getting more popular and the one road has been improved but very busy into Brisbane.Samford has a nice main street.

Don't know about schools.Good shopping centers at Strathpine and Albany Creek and cinemas at Strathpine.

I like the northside of Brisbane because its on the Sunshine Coast side of Brisbane and I prefer it to the Gold Coast when I want a visit to the beach.
Have a look at the council website as well.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

hi

we live in albany creek not long arrived
its very clean, open areas parllands however not too many rentals we were lucky
my daughter stars shool tomorrow and it looks superb she is really exited
everyone has been so helpful
all those other areas are nice, my friend lives at warner that is being built up at the moment and its not far from the shops, its depend what you are looking for

Jacs