Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pine furniture quick question

Pine furniture quick question

Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default Pine furniture quick question

Please someone tell me I haven’t made a big mistake!

During the process of renovating my flat for re-sale I decided to sand down my pine furniture: TV cabinet, sideboard and desk removing all the multiple layers of varnish and wood stain (I prefer the natural look) and thought it would be best to get the mess over and done with now rather than in Oz but I’ve just read that pine furniture must be at least varnished to get past customs

Is this true? Have I just wasted a whole week of my life? Do I now need to re-varnish them all? :curse:
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:36 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pine furniture quick question

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Please someone tell me I haven’t made a big mistake!

During the process of renovating my flat for re-sale I decided to sand down my pine furniture: TV cabinet, sideboard and desk removing all the multiple layers of varnish and wood stain (I prefer the natural look) and thought it would be best to get the mess over and done with now rather than in Oz but I’ve just read that pine furniture must be at least varnished to get past customs

Is this true? Have I just wasted a whole week of my life? Do I now need to re-varnish them all? :curse:
Pretty much, yes to all three questions. Read this and hope it helps:
http://www.britishexpats.com/forum/s...pine+furniture
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

All wood furniture must be sealed/varnished,painted etc & all
metal must be rust free and protected, shoes,garden equipment etc
customs recommend using JEYES fluid to clean hope this helps.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future

Noooooooooooo!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:01 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooooooooo!

This may help ease the pain......
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

They took me over a week to sand them down, My first sander blew up halfway thu so I had to buy a new one and I had grey boggies thanks to all the dust up my nose

So I need a few more beers in that line
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:06 pm

They took me over a week to sand them down, My first sander blew up halfway thu so I had to buy a new one and I had grey boggies thanks to all the dust up my nose

So I need a few more beers in that line

Ok...