Pine Beds?

Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:34 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pine Beds?

Just a query about shipping pine beds to Oz.

I know all wood has to be treated to get through quarantine, so this got me thinking

Pine beds are normally varnished or treated, until you come to the wooden slats, and feet of the actual bed.

Has anyone successfully ships these without having to treat the whole bed?

any advise would be appreciated, thanks

P.s I also have a calved vase from Tunisia, made of wood....would this need to be treated also, and any idea what with?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 1:53 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pine Beds?

Ang we shipped pine bed and some wooden ornaments with no probs - most of the bed was varnished, but some wasn't.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Beds no problem, and I wouldn't even worry about the vase. When the packers come nothing is really individually labelled. It just gives a general idea of whats in the box. For example, a box labelled kitchen items had all my wooden pegs in. Now strictly speaking they shouldn't have come. A large conch shell from Trinidad came in a box labelled bathroom items.

The only thing they want to look at really is the hoover, any items that have been outside, bikes, lawn mowers, gardening stuff.

If your shipping agent is any good, then like ours they move these items to one side ready for Quarrentine. Usually, they turn up at the depot, look at your packing list and say, we want to look in boxes 25, 56 etc. If they are happy then thats it basically.

Jo
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:10 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Ang we brough pine bed, 6 ft dresser and wood man and wood vase and big wood table and six chairs and two wood coffee tables and they didn't hick about anything but the snake skin behind a photo... .

We did leave the bbq, the bikes, the grass cutter, the rocking horse and one rocking chair (that pickfords seemed to think wouldn't pass) but think they make up what they will pass and not pass on the day.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:31 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...think I'm worrying too much (as usual)

Thanks folks
Old Jan 17th 2006, 8:56 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

We did leave the bbq, the bikes, the grass cutter, the rocking horse and one rocking chair (that pickfords seemed to think wouldn't pass) but think they make up what they will pass and not pass on the day.[/QUOTE]

mmm, not happy about the rocking horse remark

what did pickfords say about that? ours is our daughter xmas pressie 2 years ago, so cant see that being left.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure on the answer on this one yet - Let me sleep on it!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:34 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Not sure on the answer on this one yet - Let me sleep on it!
what, on the rocking horse? - damn uncomfortable mr manx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 9:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

mmm, not happy about the rocking horse remark

what did pickfords say about that? ours is our daughter xmas pressie 2 years ago, so cant see that being left.
Im guessing its the horses hair which may have been the problem, although I could be wrong!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

deanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud ofdeanmhunt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve-n-jo
Beds no problem, and I wouldn't even worry about the vase. When the packers come nothing is really individually labelled. It just gives a general idea of whats in the box. For example, a box labelled kitchen items had all my wooden pegs in. Now strictly speaking they shouldn't have come. A large conch shell from Trinidad came in a box labelled bathroom items.

The only thing they want to look at really is the hoover, any items that have been outside, bikes, lawn mowers, gardening stuff.

If your shipping agent is any good, then like ours they move these items to one side ready for Quarrentine. Usually, they turn up at the depot, look at your packing list and say, we want to look in boxes 25, 56 etc. If they are happy then thats it basically.

Jo
Hi, hope you dont mind me asking but which shipping agent did you use???
Any help would be cool. Do UK tv's work in Oz??