Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pictures under name?

pictures under name?

Old May 24th 2005, 3:51 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Smile pictures under name?

How do you put pictures under your name?

I am beginning to feel quite at home here and would like add to my profile with a picture.

Some of yours are great and conjure up great images of yourselves if your pictures are anything to go by!!
Old May 24th 2005, 3:53 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pictures under name?

P.S.

Under "my profile" what the heck is a referral?
Old May 24th 2005, 4:06 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Under "my profile" what the heck is a referral?
Think it's when someone joins the Forum and they say that you referred them ...
Old May 24th 2005, 4:55 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
How do you put pictures under your name?

I am beginning to feel quite at home here and would like add to my profile with a picture.

Some of yours are great and conjure up great images of yourselves if your pictures are anything to go by!!
You need to go into the "My Profile" menu and edit avatar. Be careful though as they have to be a certain size etc, Do a search on the word avatar, there's plenty of info on it and even some have links to websites where you can get them.
Look foward to your avatar!
Old May 24th 2005, 6:15 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Unhappy Re: pictures under name?

Originally Posted by TheRossers
You need to go into the "My Profile" menu and edit avatar. Be careful though as they have to be a certain size etc, Do a search on the word avatar, there's plenty of info on it and even some have links to websites where you can get them.
Look foward to your avatar!
Okay it's the end of a long day and I have now had a (small) glass of wine but... I CAN'T DO IT!? There is no link to any website... it just tantalisingly (must change back to the other style so I have spellcheck) says "www......"

help?
Old May 24th 2005, 6:19 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: pictures under name?

Originally Posted by floss
Okay it's the end of a long day and I have now had a (small) glass of wine but... I CAN'T DO IT!? There is no link to any website... it just tantalisingly (must change back to the other style so I have spellcheck) says "www......"

help?
Use Google or something and type in Avatars and it will bring up loads of sites.

Good luck.

R.
Old May 24th 2005, 10:57 pm
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floss

help?
find a picture you want for your avatar then resize it using a photo editing program so that it is the right size as mentioned at the bottom of the page where you add you own avatar (The maximum size of your custom image is 65 by 65 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller). save the resized picture to your computer then back to the web page on here where you add your own avatar, click browse and locate the picture on your computer,click it to select it then click ok. all you need to do then is click save changes hopefully you now have an avatar.

Jon
Old May 25th 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lee Family
find a picture you want for your avatar then resize it using a photo editing program so that it is the right size as mentioned at the bottom of the page where you add you own avatar (The maximum size of your custom image is 65 by 65 pixels or 29.3 KB (whichever is smaller). save the resized picture to your computer then back to the web page on here where you add your own avatar, click browse and locate the picture on your computer,click it to select it then click ok. all you need to do then is click save changes hopefully you now have an avatar.

Jon
Great thanks for this. Re YOUR avatar - warning needed - aaarrrgh
Old May 25th 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: pictures under name?

Originally Posted by TopCat3
Great thanks for this. Re YOUR avatar - warning needed - aaarrrgh
Oh, my picture is 51pixels wide and 116high 14.4 KB. I don't have a photo resizing gadget-wotsit. Can anyone direct me to one or if I send it privately to someone could they assist please? Will send you lots of Karma (I know how, now...) Thanks
Old May 25th 2005, 2:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Pixresizer is a little beaut http://bluefive.pair.com/

Nice and simple for the ladies
Old May 25th 2005, 2:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Pixresizer is a little beaut http://bluefive.pair.com/

Nice and simple for the ladies
You .....you.......blimey, struck dumb
Old May 25th 2005, 3:13 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

I think I must be really thick, cos Ive spent nearly all day trying to get an avatar under my name, and guess what, still not sussed it out. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Been onto Google and downloaded a piccy, but when try to put it onto here it says it needs to be if Gif, Jpg or Png (wot ever all that means!) format, but the piccy is in Gif format, cos it says it is on avatarity website. AAARRRRGGGHHH

Can anyone help me?

I will get one of these damn things if it kills me!!!

Jo
Old May 25th 2005, 3:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joanne
I think I must be really thick, cos Ive spent nearly all day trying to get an avatar under my name, and guess what, still not sussed it out. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Been onto Google and downloaded a piccy, but when try to put it onto here it says it needs to be if Gif, Jpg or Png (wot ever all that means!) format, but the piccy is in Gif format, cos it says it is on avatarity website. AAARRRRGGGHHH

Can anyone help me?

I will get one of these damn things if it kills me!!!

Jo
When you saved it, what did you save it as? Save it as a gif or jpg and you should be able to go from there.
Old May 25th 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'll stick to the stars and boxes. Sounds much easier

Tracey
Old May 25th 2005, 3:24 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
When you saved it, what did you save it as? Save it as a gif or jpg and you should be able to go from there.
Watch this space, will try anything!!!

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.