British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pics again (hopefully) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pics-again-hopefully-196892/)

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:16 am

Pics again (hopefully)

1 Attachment(s)
After yesterdays abortive attempt at uploading some photos and a bit of PC maintenance today I will try again. Heres Natures Window in Kalbarri WA

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:19 am

1 Attachment(s)
Some craggy bits in a gorge in Kalbarri

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:21 am

1 Attachment(s)
Azure blue skies Denham Shark Bay WA

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:24 am

1 Attachment(s)
A few of the 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road Victoria

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:28 am

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry forgot some of South Australia. Heres the Blue Lake in Mount Gambier

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:29 am

1 Attachment(s)
Feeding wild possums in a sinkhole in Mt Gambier

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:32 am

1 Attachment(s)
Erskine Falls in the Ottways off the Great Ocean Road

Larissa Dec 15th 2003 10:34 am

Originally posted by HUP
Erskine Falls in the Ottways off the Great Ocean Road
Wow, they're lovely.... you must have had your rose tinted specs on the lens though... it doesn't quite look like a giant sandpit to me!

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:35 am

1 Attachment(s)
The family in a rainforest (not tropical)- Ottways again

HUP Dec 15th 2003 10:42 am

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go Larissa a sandpit shot for you. We didnt go on as it was to crowded :)

Badge Dec 15th 2003 10:57 am

looks like that beach made out of shells..

on the drive between Shark Bay and the turnoff at the roadhouse..

PeterAndSue Dec 15th 2003 11:01 am

Nice pic's !
Thanks for sharing them with us.

HUP Dec 15th 2003 11:04 am

Originally posted by badgersmount
looks like that beach made out of shells..

on the drive between Shark Bay and the turnoff at the roadhouse..
Thats the one. They call it Shell Beach (funnily enough) There are millions and millions of tiny shells there making the beach. Looks beautiful but shit for sandcastles also theres loads of flies.

walaj Dec 15th 2003 11:25 am

Originally posted by HUP
Thats the one. They call it Shell Beach (funnily enough) There are millions and millions of tiny shells there making the beach. Looks beautiful but shit for sandcastles also theres loads of flies.
did you also wade out into the water, that refuses to get any deeper than thigh high?

I see once you got the hang of posting photos you just added more - I'd say you are showing off now :p

Seriously, they are good and sends a warm glow of memories of Oz, and a longing to be back, especially when sitting in a freezing cold room in the UK.

wishfulthinking Dec 15th 2003 11:35 am

Gorgeous pics, looks like you had a fab time!

Miranda

booboo1 Dec 15th 2003 11:58 am

fantastic piccies peeps

cant wait to do some of my own!!!!!

hugs
booboo

faye_gillan Dec 15th 2003 2:37 pm

Wicked pictures ! Can't wait to get back there. ! Thansk for making me smile on a snowy monday in Scotland :(

WBB Dec 15th 2003 4:12 pm

nice pics, keep em coming.

:)

tinaj Dec 15th 2003 5:31 pm

Great pics! They show how different the areas in Oz can look , definitley not just agiant sand pit!!!

Jamesy Dec 15th 2003 6:04 pm

Wow they are absoloutly stunning, plan to visit Mt Gambier in Feb!

nosuchluck Dec 15th 2003 7:13 pm

photos

Wow, what beautiful pics, thanks for sharing them,
hugs
rach :D

Bed Of Roses Dec 16th 2003 5:32 am

Originally posted by HUP
Azure blue skies Denham Shark Bay WA

Thanks for that pic of Shark Bay WA. The town we are next to in Bucks. is twin town to Shark Bay, after living here for over ten years I still aint found the beach. We did have some sand once when they were repairing the Oxford road a few years back:D

Keep them comming guys.

hevs Dec 16th 2003 9:52 am

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses
Thanks for that pic of Shark Bay WA. The town we are next to in Bucks. is twin town to Shark Bay, after living here for over ten years I still aint found the beach. We did have some sand once when they were repairing the Oxford road a few years back:D

Keep them comming guys.
Is it near slough N? i remember driving through there on my way to some training and saw the sign and actually LOL!!! Is it only the name they twin, cos if its the scenery someone has rose tints the size of the hubble telescope on!!!!

Glad you liked the pics, will keep em coming as long as we're not boring you all!!!!

Larissa Dec 16th 2003 10:59 am

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses

Keep them comming guys.
Where is that then? I'm interested because I grew up in Flackwell Heath... loved Burnham Beeches, but Slough... what can I say? :scared:

Simone Dec 17th 2003 8:42 am

OOoh, lovely pics!

We've got some just like em (the WA ones)
Lovely!

:)

And yes, keep em coming :D

Bed Of Roses Dec 17th 2003 4:00 pm

Originally posted by Larissa
Where is that then? I'm interested because I grew up in Flackwell Heath... loved Burnham Beeches, but Slough... what can I say? :scared:

Larissa been getting techi help from WBB and Ptlabs on pictures

Slough i agree
:eek:

Worse for me as i live 8 miles away in a different county and still a get a sluff post code:scared:

Hope pic works.

If you can see the beach let me know where it is.