Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Picnic at Hanging Rock

Picnic at Hanging Rock

Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:04 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picnic at Hanging Rock

I went just for the cliche but it was a really good day out.

The kids (and I) loved playing around all the rocks and clambering over them. And fortunately none of them disappeared
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:17 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picnic at Hanging Rock

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
And fortunately none of them disappeared
I'm keen on heading out there to see it.... maybe next time we're in melbourne.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

After extensive family history research it seems as though a distant rellie of mine owned the land all around Hanging Rock...but lost it gambling in the late 1800s.

It's my only claim to non existent fame & fortune....

Sad innit?

TD
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Great movie!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper
After extensive family history research it seems as though a distant rellie of mine owned the land all around Hanging Rock...but lost it gambling in the late 1800s.

It's my only claim to non existent fame & fortune....

Sad innit?

TD
Sounds about right. There is a horse race course there, right next to the rock.

It's seems to be community owned now so there is a $10 entry charge for the car but I still reckon it's worth it.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

scotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nice

Sounds about right. There is a horse race course there, right next to the rock.

It's seems to be community owned now so there is a $10 entry charge for the car but I still reckon it's worth it.
it's good - well worth a visit
take your own water or you will have to buy some
if you pay with a card they charge you an extra dollar
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:31 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Great movie!
Ditto
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Maybe I should see the film again. I saw it as a teenager. Which was a long long time ago now
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

same here

Maybe I should see the film again. I saw it as a teenager. Which was a long long time ago now
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:44 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

same here, don't do it .. it'll probably be crap now
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Possums
same here, don't do it .. it'll probably be crap now
That's what I've been thinking.