Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Picking up every bug!

Picking up every bug!

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:41 am
Just Joined

iSkate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Picking up every bug!

me too! I can definitely sympathise, we've been here 3 months and i've had every bug going including chicken pox
Seem to be over it all now so must have started to build some immunity, have broken my coccyx too but thats another story lol

Hope you're all better soon
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:55 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

Well its not just the girls getting it. I've been fine, and my OH is flattened. Came home from work today to find him comletely relapsed with headache, aches, snuffles, sore throat and eararche with dizziness.
This is 10 days of it now, so I take it this means I cant refer to it as "manflu" any more?

Me? I had half a day of sinussy toothache, but I've been having lots of juice with echinwotsit in it, and loads of garlic and fresh fruit.

I did start work straight after arriving so I think Kapri's theory about your body relaxing now that the stress is over is a good one.
Cos I'M STILL STRESSED!

And as I've got 2 weeks off in July, I shall have to up my garlic intake coming up to that to keep the sick people away.

PP: hope your feeling better.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:59 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CynOpt
Well its not just the girls getting it. I've been fine, and my OH is flattened. Came home from work today to find him comletely relapsed with headache, aches, snuffles, sore throat and eararche with dizziness.
This is 10 days of it now, so I take it this means I cant refer to it as "manflu" any more?

Me? I had half a day of sinussy toothache, but I've been having lots of juice with echinwotsit in it, and loads of garlic and fresh fruit.

I did start work straight after arriving so I think Kapri's theory about your body relaxing now that the stress is over is a good one.
Cos I'M STILL STRESSED!

And as I've got 2 weeks off in July, I shall have to up my garlic intake coming up to that to keep the sick people away.

PP: hope your feeling better.

When we came here 15 months ago, I had gastro and flus every month for the first six months. Different strains of things I suppose.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:13 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Were flying out to Perth on saturday, I'll pack some more Andrex in the personal baggage.....lol..

Seriously though, hope all you guys n galls get well soon.

Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

It is so weird having this. Antibiotics finished but still have a cough and tracheitis - codeine helping on that.

A fellow POM at work has the same and we both have swollen glands
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter got to year 6 in UK and only ever had three days off school, she has been to school here since October and has three days off school already, plus she was unwell during the April holidays!

Maybe all that cold weather is better for us than we think, it must help to suppress certain germs?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I am defo going to get some Vit C - and I shall eat loads of garlic, I have heard that keeps away colds (and people)
I hope you're feeling better. My kids and OH have just had flu, no not the common cold, and I - touch wood - never seem to get ill at all.

My secret is lemon juice and garlic every morning...
Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons, add to warm water and swallow with raw chopped garlic.

Garlic caps. or cooked garlic don't work - it needs to be raw for the goodness to hold. Your breath definately doesn't smell because you don't chew the garlic. I just pop it on a spoon and swallow down with the water and lemon juice.

It's not very pleasant but it really works.

I'm not a health freak - I like my food and wine, and take mod. exercise, so it's definately the galic and lemon comb. that does the trick!
Good luck
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alipally
Hi PP,

sorry that you're feeling 'crock' it's probably a combination of factors that have added to it. Change of climate, change of water,change of location and change of food.
The change of location is probably the biggest factor, because your body has a whole host of new pathogens (germs) to build an immunity to.... the upshot is that you get ill with every new unfamiliar germ that you come into contact with. Rest assured you will stop getting ill soon, once your body has developed the necessary antibodies to slay the 'new' bugs!
In the meantime, you can boost your immune system with echinacea, zinc, vitamin c and vitamin E. Especially as you're eating so little it will definitely help.
Otherwise you know the drill, plenty of fluids, paracetamol and ride it out!

Hope you all start to feel better soon!

Ali x
My doctor told me this umpteen times during my first two years in Australia. I've had very few colds since
Hope you feel better soon PP...and everyone else who is not feeling the best.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im off my antibiotics but still have a chesty cough and my glands are swollen but Ive realised if I take it easy and rest up when I can it is more bearable. I never knew swollen glands in the groin area could hurt quite so much

I am loving Freo, I can't imagine living anywhere else and hope the agent extends our tenancy.

If ever you fancy meeting up for a coffee, we could get together
sounds good to me

having entrance issues with BE so slow in replying still