Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pickfords Or Robinsons

Pickfords Or Robinsons

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Pickfords Or Robinsons

Pickfords or Robinsons
Had loads of quotes , Pickfords, Robinsons, Whites , Hoults but decided between the first two.
WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO,

You decide
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:52 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pickfords Or Robinsons

Pickford are truly aweful. Avoid Pickfords at all cost, seriously!
search for previous posts on Pickfords, they stink!

Originally Posted by lovealot
Pickfords or Robinsons
Had loads of quotes , Pickfords, Robinsons, Whites , Hoults but decided between the first two.
WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO,

You decide
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
Pickford are truly aweful. Avoid Pickfords at all cost, seriously!
search for previous posts on Pickfords, they stink!
I have to disagree with you there.
We used Allied Pickfords and they were excellent, had no problems with them at all and I would certainly use them again.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 10:34 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Pickfords to move four 7' containers, a semi arrived with just my belongings in it. In my case the whole process was a nightmare! Pickfords UK didn't know what the parent group Allied was doing. I would get letters from Allied informing me of the transportation status, with information 3 or 4 weeks out of date.
Goods were packed in a very bad way, a few items were damaged. I had a Stetson in its original box and one of the removal guys must have got bored and doodled all over it! Not very professional.
My goods had been in storage, with Pickfords, in the UK, so they had to repack them for export. They had some delay (there fault) of 3 weeks and continued ot charge me for storage. They repacked my goods in no particular order. Items had been packed by room, but when they arrived I would find boxes with items from the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, garage etc all in the same box. Huge packing boxes were labelled 'Lamp' and would have many other items in them, so unloading them was impossible. I ended up just having the delivery guys leave everything in my garage and unpack it myself (even though I had paid for the unpacking service). I tried complaining to Pickfords and Allied but it falls on deaf ears. Damaged:
Desk, chair, plates, glasses, mirror, oh and the one item staff defaced for no reason.

If you have anything of value your moving, don't use Pickfords.

Originally Posted by Pootle
I have to disagree with you there.
We used Allied Pickfords and they were excellent, had no problems with them at all and I would certainly use them again.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I used Pickfords to move four 7' containers, a semi arrived with just my belongings in it. In my case the whole process was a nightmare!
If you have anything of value your moving, don't use Pickfords.
You did have a bad experience with them! Maybe you were just unlucky (Or maybe I was just lucky!)
Old Jul 24th 2006, 12:37 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We also used pickfords and they were excellent.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

We used Pickfords, & had no problems we were more than happy with them.

Nicky
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:07 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
We used Pickfords, & had no problems we were more than happy with them.

Nicky
We used Pickfords, had quite alot of stuff broken, and alot of things missing, not impressed at all, but I think you can have good and bad experiences whoever you use.

I think it was just one of those things, I probably wouldnt use them again personally, but I am sure most people have a great experience.

The guys this end were fantastic, I think it was UK end, they were abit slapdash.

Nicola
Old Jul 24th 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Vallies
We used Pickfords, had quite alot of stuff broken, and alot of things missing, not impressed at all, but I think you can have good and bad experiences whoever you use.

I think it was just one of those things, I probably wouldnt use them again personally, but I am sure most people have a great experience.

The guys this end were fantastic, I think it was UK end, they were abit slapdash.

Nicola
I agree (alhtough we haven't received the stuff yet, it's just into the port, so I don't know if anything is broken!). The Pickfords NE guys gave a good quote and answered a lot of my questions prior to me picking a shipper, so we went with them.
We organised a date, they turned up, everything went swimmingly from that end. However, we then had to chase them for an invoice - I ended up just paying by card and then of course there's no incentive for them to send you an invoice. Eventually recieved it the day the ship got into Melbourne!!
I've sent all the info the Aussie guys need, and hopefully things will be easy this end, although I had to ring them for confirmation they'd received it, as I didn't get any.

I guess they're okay, and probably no worse than anyone else. I just wasn't impressed with their communication - be prepared to chase them.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:32 am
ridiculous avatar

Jimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of lightJimmy Cliff is a glorious beacon of light

Pickfords or Robinsons
WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO,

You decide
We have gone for Robinsons.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

Pickfords or Robinsons
WHICH ONE OF THESE TWO,

You decide
have to say we used robinsons and they were great!

hugs geex
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:52 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Pickfords Or Robinsons

Originally Posted by gina
have to say we used robinsons and they were great!

hugs geex
Pickfords have quoted us £4500 and Robinsons are coming on Wednesday 26th to give us a quote. I guess there will always be people happy with a shipper and others that are not though.

Hope we can sort it out soon as we fly on the 18th August too ! ! !

R.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:24 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone seen a TV programe called New life down Under ?

One couple in the series used Robinsons. So maybe they might be a good company to use!

Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

chugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura aboutchugo101 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Anyone seen a TV programe called New life down Under ?

One couple in the series used Robinsons. So maybe they might be a good company to use!

Hi any details on when this programme is on?? Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:44 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

If you have NTL or Telewest the programme is usually on 304 Discovery Real Time about 7.00pm. It was on this evening.