Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pickfords quote, any comments?

Pickfords quote, any comments?

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:49 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pickfords quote, any comments?

Hi,

Just had a man from Pickford's in today to get a quote for shipping East Coast Scotland to Brisbane. He quoted just under £2500 for 500Cu (about half a container. That was door to door with 2 weeks each side free storage, packed and unpacked. Marine insurance was 3% of valuation of goods. If we need our bikes fumigated in Oz (better not after I scrub them!) then it'll be around $500.

Anybody shipping roughly the same size had any other prices?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:00 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Pickfords quote, any comments?

hi i was going to fill in form over net for the same size of container as yourself i am going to perth oin march the quote you got thats pretty good ,see when you say half of a container is that a 20 or 40 footer as i talked to someone before they done half 20.

regards
john..
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:05 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pickfords quote, any comments?

Originally Posted by jocky boy
hi i was going to fill in form over net for the same size of container as yourself i am going to perth oin march the quote you got thats pretty good ,see when you say half of a container is that a 20 or 40 footer as i talked to someone before they done half 20.

regards
john..
Half of a 20ft (I think!) Mr Mover had posted a wee while back about sizes and if I remember correctly 20ft was roughly 1050Cu. I was quoted for 500Cu. Forgot to mention that there was no excess on th insurance...This was because apparently Pickford's are sooo good at their job.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Just had a man from Pickford's in today to get a quote for shipping East Coast Scotland to Brisbane. He quoted just under £2500 for 500Cu (about half a container. That was door to door with 2 weeks each side free storage, packed and unpacked. Marine insurance was 3% of valuation of goods. If we need our bikes fumigated in Oz (better not after I scrub them!) then it'll be around $500.

Anybody shipping roughly the same size had any other prices?

Cheers

Ginny
That sounds like a rate for a full container! Mates of ours shipped Glasgow-Hobart a half container for £1900 with Excess International. They said the service was A1 at both ends and were complimentary about the OZ agent Grace Removals too. We may use them when we go next year. Last time we used PSS but they weren't anything like what they're cracked up to be on here. Sent 15 teachests and a lot of broken stuff and missing items.

You have to be careful about the OZ agents because if they don't know what they're doing then you'll get a lot of damage during customs and quarnteen clearing.

Check they are a national co over there like Grace Removals or Kent or Annset - you see their containers everywhere on the roads.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by bluenose3
That sounds like a rate for a full container! Mates of ours shipped Glasgow-Hobart a half container for £1900 with Excess International. They said the service was A1 at both ends and were complimentary about the OZ agent Grace Removals too. We may use them when we go next year. Last time we used PSS but they weren't anything like what they're cracked up to be on here. Sent 15 teachests and a lot of broken stuff and missing items.

You have to be careful about the OZ agents because if they don't know what they're doing then you'll get a lot of damage during customs and quarnteen clearing.

Check they are a national co over there like Grace Removals or Kent or Annset - you see their containers everywhere on the roads.
Cheers for the info. Apparently their Oz colleagues are Allied Pickfords. Do you know if Excess International has a website? Would be interested to get a quote.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:13 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the info. Apparently their Oz colleagues are Allied Pickfords. Do you know if Excess International has a website? Would be interested to get a quote.

Cheers

Ginny
I had a quote from FOX of £3500 for a 20f :scared:
Now got just about all of them coming round to quote !
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hi,

Who's all of them and what did the quote you? (if you don't mind me asking).

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:16 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

do you have a web addy for FOX?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:19 pm

Hi,

Who's all of them and what did the quote you? (if you don't mind me asking).

Cheers

Ginny
They are still to come round but over the next 2 weeks got , Britannia , Bishops move , PSS , excess international, Robinson's and may ring some more.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
do you have a web addy for FOX?
www.fox-moving.com
ok
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:26 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

TA
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:34 pm

TA
sorry try this one then ? http://www.foxtel.com.au/
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

sorry try this one then ? http://www.foxtel.com.au/
funny
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:53 pm

funny
Hows the wee one ?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:58 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Hows the wee one ?
she is great thanx.....Jonah agrees whole heartedly too!
Attached Thumbnails Pickfords quote, any comments?-ebay-24-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.