Wikiposts

Pickfords?

Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:07 am
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Question Pickfords?

Has anyone used Allied Pickfords, if so what are your views on them, did they do a good job etc......?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:16 am
Just Joined

devils advocate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pickfords?

Originally Posted by rick07
Has anyone used Allied Pickfords, if so what are your views on them, did they do a good job etc......?
To reply in the style of Prime Ministers Question Time, I refer the honourable poster to my previous answer:

I'm a guy who's been moved around by my employers. Did 7 moves in 10 years. Most have been Europe to Asia and return. On the last outwards move Crown were very good. Can't remember any problems with them. It was a 40 foot container. However the last move back was a disaster with Pickfords. Apart from the packing, where they didn't use wardrobe containers for our clothers, and following 2 months crushed in boxes my suits cost me a fortune to have pressed to get the crease out, the big problem was with the attitude and competence of their staff.

Having agreed a date with them to deliver the 40 ft containers worth to my empty house, when they had'nt arrived at about 10.30 am I gave the contact a call. He then admitted that he had forgotten to book in the delivery for that day and that all my possessions would have to stay in their stores for the next 5 days until they had a spare crew to deliver. Having got 3 pre teen children who had all sorts of things backed up for their new school you can imagine how I felt with this, but fortunately Pickfords paid for an extension of our temporary accomodation. (Good job it was still available!)

What did p*ss me off was the attitude of the Pickfords staff. The contract was to rebuild things that had been dismantled (such as Beds) and they were the worst in putting everything back together, and needing me to check and put in the screws that they'd missed, etc. Truly a case that 'Nothing was too much trouble'!

Out of all the companies who moved us I would recommend them all apart from Pickfords.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:20 am
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Pickfords?

Originally Posted by devils advocate
To reply in the style of Prime Ministers Question Time, I refer the honourable poster to my previous answer:
Oh dear, doesn't sound too good!!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:16 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear, doesn't sound too good!!
Click on "search" above with Pickfords in the options...

I'll say no more. Not used them but their name has come up on this site a lot.

Louise
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:29 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I used them and they were very good....insurance we got them down to 3%, there were a couple of breakages.... but the insurance claim was simple and got a cheque for full amount in 2 weeks
Old Dec 7th 2005, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

We used them - they were excellent at both ends, no problems at all. We would definitely use them again.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Our move with pickfords was a disaster and couldn't recommend them. The fact it is the same company at each end does not help you, because it is a franchise operation, and each lot blames the other.

However, it seems to be your donald duck, lots of people see to do ok.

My only advice is to make sure you are there when they are packing and don't let them tell you they are running late and will just stuff things into the van and pack properly at the warehouse (cos they won't). Also, don't get a shared container cos that just makes it more likely for things to go missing.