Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pickfords 20ft container

pickfords 20ft container

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough
Default pickfords 20ft container

Had Pickford in Thursday to quote and the details arrived today, to pack a 3 bed house, taking everything was £3,738 for a sole use 20ft container.
Doesnt include any quarantine costs or insurance.

They pack here deliver but not unpack other end.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

That sounds a bit rich! We are going with PSS and paying £3050 to Brisbane for a 20ft. They also unpack the other end as well. Their insurance is also quite low at 2.5%.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

yes it does seem expensive, getting others in
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:38 pm
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

For anyone taking small amounts, I am going with Pickfords (they pack here, and unpack other end) and 7 cubic metres is costing me £1200. That includes GST, please be aware not all UK removalists include this in their quote and will be payable at a cost of 10%. All I am taking is a 3 piece suite, some linen, cheval mirror, toys, holdall of clothes, small suitcase, photos, nick nacks, computer, DVD player and surround sound system and various bits and bobs.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:28 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: pickfords 20ft container

Originally posted by vickymills
Had Pickford in Thursday to quote and the details arrived today, to pack a 3 bed house, taking everything was £3,738 for a sole use 20ft container.
Doesnt include any quarantine costs or insurance.

They pack here deliver but not unpack other end.
If they dont unpack at the other end, what happens with any Insurance Claims?, if you do add on the insurance ?

If something gets broken, they can, and do, say that it wasn't them.

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

just re read the quote it says they do unpack yet the sales guy said they didnt....am having doubt about them now !
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

just re read the quote it says they do unpack yet the sales guy said they didnt....am having doubt about them now !
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:36 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by vickymills
I've always liked Pickfords, but they didnt unpack for us on our 2nd move out here, and some things were broken, and we could not claim. I felt pissed off about the waste of the insurance cost. The only thing we ended up being covered for was total loss; ie: if the ship sank !!

I personally would go with one that gets recommended by others.

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are nearly already packed up as we are moving to my parents house. Would you have it all unpacked and re-packed by shippers even though we have very few breakables.
I think we are just going for total loss insurance i.e ship sinks etc..

But would the packers need to check all our packing just in case we are smuggling something naughty?

Cheers

Karen
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by karen and andy
We are nearly already packed up as we are moving to my parents house. Would you have it all unpacked and re-packed by shippers even though we have very few breakables.
I think we are just going for total loss insurance i.e ship sinks etc..

But would the packers need to check all our packing just in case we are smuggling something naughty?

Cheers

Karen
The packers wouldn't, but not so sure about CUSTOMS !!

How much is the repacking costs & the insurance for accidental damage ? and what would any replacement costs come to if things were damaged ? That gives an idea of whether its worth it.

Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

That's made up my mind, let them do it all, we've come this far, whats a few hundred quid, maybe i'll ask for pickfords vouchers for my birthday!!!!!!

Cheers

Karen
Old Dec 7th 2003, 12:57 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

we had crown relocations for our move and cant rave about them enough!very professional at both ends.(they have their own people all over oz..some other removal companies dont) they packed and unpacked soooo carefully!!!
we paid £3600 including insurance for a 20ft container. the guys were very good at estimating too. my hubby had the chance of bringing a kayak which he had done a deal with his mate for. the removal men said 'oh wait till we have everything else packed then we'll tell you if it'll fit'...yep they said..go and fetch it from your mates then. they had it packed very quickly, my hubby was soooo chuffed(good deal done..swapped boring train set for kayak!!!!)

and we had no breakages at all!!!!!

http://www.crownrelo.com/web/reloweb.nsf

good luck!
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Did I hear rightly on the 'new life down under' the other night that it would cost over £100,000 to ship the contents of a 3 bed house by air??? Im sure the narrator said it would only take a week compared to the 8+weeks by sea.
£100,000!!!!???
Guess not many people do that route!

sue
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just had a quote from Bishops Move for the sole use of a 20 ft container 2725 pounds excluding insurance at 2.7 percent of the total value.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 2:23 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.crownrelo.com

I am sure you will them competitive and straight talking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.