Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Photos from South Australia

Wikiposts

Photos from South Australia

Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:30 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Photos from South Australia

Seems like you guys like it when us immigrants post photos.

Here's some of mine taken in South Australia:
http://www.hartill.net/Oz/

I've only been here 3 months, so I've only had winter light to work with.

And talking of light, the sun in Adelaide this week reaches the same angle as it does in the south of the UK.
(http://www.hartill.net/Aus/sunlight.html).

After not having a summer in 12 months, I can now look forward to better weather out here than back 'home' for the next 8 months. Ahhhh.

Today it's cold and wet - ideal net surfing weather.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:50 pm
Carol in Oz

Default Re: Photos from South Australia

Originally posted by welshpom

And talking of light, the sun in Adelaide this week reaches the same angle as it does in the south of the UK.

After not having a summer in 12 months, I can now look forward to better weather out here than back 'home' for the next 8 months. Ahhhh.

Wonderful photos Rob
Thanks for sharing them
Carol

Old Aug 17th 2003, 6:10 pm
vidge

thanx 4 the photos we move out to aedlaide 4 wks today and was getting a bit down in the dumps the thought of leaving our family and friends but seeing the pics has brightened my day and now feeling excited
thanx vidge

Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Brilliant photos Rob - keep posting them. You are a talented guy!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:48 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by tinaj
Brilliant photos Rob - keep posting them. You are a talented guy!
Thanks

I thought my photography was pretty good, then I stumbled on this website: http://www.usefilm.com/ and have reclassified myself as mediocre. There's some awesome pics on that site. It's inspired me to upgrade the camera, again
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

keith (UK) is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the photo's. They are very inspiring!

To change the direction of this thread a little.... I noticed that you published your photo's using a Mac and OS X. I am a PC user in the UK, and seriously considering moving to a Mac in Australia. In your experience, what is the following like for Apple Mac's in Australia? Have you had any problems getting support or software?

Cheers,
Keith.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:27 pm
Can't re member

Default Apple computer support in Aus

Keith, I've only been here 3 months, though I can safely say that you won't have problems finding Mac stuff out here.

The big cities will have Apple Centres (there are at least 4 in Adelaide for example). There's also the Apple online store.

I bought an Apple lcd display in one of the stores in Adelaide and a graphics card by mail order from another in Melbourne.

If you switch to a Mac, you won't be buying as much software as you used to. Macs have more of the essentials thrown in with the system and lots of other great software can be downloaded off the net.

Say goodbye too to that virus checker. We don't need no stinking virus checkers.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - some great photos. You must have an eye for a good photo, I had a friend who was into photography, only black and white though, if he took a photo of a milk bottle on a step, it looked all moody and artistic - if I tried the same - it looked like a milk bottle on a step. Just on the descriptions, do you write down the location of each picture or have you a good memory? I was snapping away on my digital, haven't a clue where half of them were taken, obviously not as dedicated or as organised.
LMS
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:11 pm
Can't re member

do you write down the location of each picture or have you a good memory?
I just make a habit of downloading the photos into the photo cataloging software on the same day I take the pics, AND I add captions on the same day too.

I've made the mistake of not captioning on the same day and end up wondering where the hell a pic was taken.

It gets tough when you move around a lot on the same day, then I tend to forget just from looking at the pics but what helps is to use a map and have a vague recollection of the order you vistited places.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've made the mistake of not captioning on the same day and end up wondering where the hell a pic was taken.

That's where I am now. 4 compactflash cards full of photos, not a clue where I took some.theres one for Canon, take photo then 3-4 sec description of where or what in my case it is. Probably exists already. thanks for the ideas anyway. LMS
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:58 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Thanks

I thought my photography was pretty good, then I stumbled on this website: http://www.usefilm.com/ and have reclassified myself as mediocre. There's some awesome pics on that site. It's inspired me to upgrade the camera, again
Hey Rob,

Im a member of that site, are you? Whats your user number so i can look you up

Pete.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:09 pm
Can't re member

Im a member of that site, are you? Whats your user number so i can look you up

Pete.
21286 - but I only joined yesterday. Just the 1 photo of my dog looking stupid.

What's your number ?
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:30 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

21286 - but I only joined yesterday. Just the 1 photo of my dog looking stupid.

What's your number ?

Let me know what you think !!!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:36 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by PeteY

Let me know what you think !!!

Hmm....the search facility by numbers not working.

My name is Peter Yeeles. Try searching for that.

PM me yours??
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:37 pm
A Male Member

Originally posted by PeteY
Hmm....the search facility by numbers not working.

My name is Peter Yeeles. Try searching for that.

PM me yours??
Never mind i found it.

Nice dog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.