phoning uk cost big ? look in if so

phoning uk cost big ? look in if so

Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:32 am

dazah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default phoning uk cost big ? look in if so

here is a way to cut your phone bills when calling the uk

there is 2 ways i know both cheap

1 go to a post office or tats lotto and ask for a talk tomato card

or option 2 is one i do is buy a home phone of gotalk that is pre programed and connects useing your normal provider it will save you megga on bills

http://gotalk.com.au/Contact/HomePho...7/Default.aspx

phone or email there sales team and ask about there phones and shout vip you will be suprissed how much money you will save calling the uk

Last edited by dazah; Mar 30th 2008 at 12:02 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:03 pm

Default Re: phoning uk cost big ? look in if so

i was paying telstra over $500 phoning uk now i only pay them $60 you do the maths

all your paying telstra for is a local call plus shout at $0.017 per min to phone uk
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazah
i was paying telstra over $500 phoning uk now i only pay them $60 you do the maths

all your paying telstra for is a local call plus shout at $0.017 per min to phone uk

i buy a calling card from chitchat.

Yes i may have to dial a phone number, then a long pin, then the phone number in the uk.

But.

I get free local calls with optus. The access number im given to ring is local(syd,mel bris newcastle wherever really they give you a local number to call)

For a 10 dollars card i get 2,500 minutes to a landline to use over 6 months. Once set up and you run out of credit you can do it all automated. Ive done it 3 times. Good service and never sropped out once. Not bad.

Also on another matter

If you have to dial up 0845 or 0870/1 numbers in the uk from oz for banks etc then use this site

www.saynoto0870.com Its really basic but people havwe stored none 0870 numbers in for the usual banks etc so its cheap to call from the uk or abroad and bypasses expensive numbers

Its run by moneysavingexpert.com a guy off ITV.

Hope this helps someone once

ak
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

If you've got Broadband take a look at www.engin.com.au

We a pay fixed price of $20 per month (on top of line rental & broadband costs) for all local, national & International calls using VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Cheap as chips :-)

Last edited by Swing-Your-Pants; Mar 30th 2008 at 1:29 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
If you've got Broadband take a look at www.engin.com.au

We a pay fixed price of $20 per month (on top of line rental & broadband costs) for all local, national & International calls using VIOP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Cheap as chips :-)
its off topic but i used to love trevor and simon. Great show

Especially ken n eddie kennedy the barbers

al
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Pennytel - 8c for as long as you want if using phone connected to PC. 16c for as long as you want if using your normal phone.

It's a VOIP service but the quality is the same as normal PSTN probably because all the service providers use VOIP for international calls.

You don't need to use your computer http://www.pennytel.com/call_plans_compare.html

See Web callback and ANI callback.

With Web callback you log on to your PC and tell Pennytel to ring your number and the UK number.

With ANI you ring a Pennytel access number and the system rings you back inviting you to dial the UK number.

If you are not using a phone connected to your PC then you have to pay 16c - 8c for Pennytel to ring your number, and 8c to ring the UK number.

If you were using a phone connected to the PC then Pennytel rings the Pennytel number they supplied you with and that is a free call, hence, call to UK is then only 8c.

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:32 pm

looks to me everyone has found a way that works for them all are good

what ever saves you money in the long run is all good
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazah
looks to me everyone has found a way that works for them all are good

what ever saves you money in the long run is all good
You don't need phone cards. Telstra has a great deal on...for $5 a month International calls cost 2c a minute.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:37 pm

still costs more then phone cards when price is 0.017 per min
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You don't need phone cards. Telstra has a great deal on...for $5 a month International calls cost 2c a minute.
You can also get a $10 subscription per month with Telstra and it is 2c per minutes and you get the 500 free minutes with that.

Sunshine23
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: phoning uk cost big ? look in if so

We use Skype via the Internet for local and international calls and costs us peanuts to phone the UK. You buy the credits in euros. A 33-minute phone call to my parents in Blighty cost 0.05 euros.

kips
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunshine23
You can also get a $10 subscription per month with Telstra and it is 2c per minutes and you get the 500 free minutes with that.

Sunshine23
hi the chitchat card i use is 0.0004 c a minute

2500 minutes for $10 to use over 6 months

you sign up online
a pinn gets delivered a week or so later along with all the easy use guide

you go online, enter pin and password and you have the same card number for as long as you want it.
Top up is done over the phone automated.

Its classed as a local call. Ours are free with Optus plan of adsl2+ v20 meg broadband 8 gig download limit, all local and national calls free(even 13 numbers and line rental for 89 dollars a month

A steal.

al
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:03 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
i buy a calling card from chitchat.

Yes i may have to dial a phone number, then a long pin, then the phone number in the uk.

But.

I get free local calls with optus. The access number im given to ring is local(syd,mel bris newcastle wherever really they give you a local number to call)

For a 10 dollars card i get 2,500 minutes to a landline to use over 6 months. Once set up and you run out of credit you can do it all automated. Ive done it 3 times. Good service and never sropped out once. Not bad.

Also on another matter

If you have to dial up 0845 or 0870/1 numbers in the uk from oz for banks etc then use this site

www.saynoto0870.com Its really basic but people havwe stored none 0870 numbers in for the usual banks etc so its cheap to call from the uk or abroad and bypasses expensive numbers

Its run by moneysavingexpert.com a guy off ITV.

Hope this helps someone once

ak
We've done a similar thing with one of the card companies - we bought a $20 card (so about 9 quid) and its lasted around 6 months with atleast weekly calls to the UK lasting an hour or so at a time.

Bargain!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

we use skype, it is 2c per minute to call a land line but if they are on skype too you both connect at the same time and the call is free, plus if you both have webcam you can see each other too....

Was great seeing all the kiddies on Easter Sunday
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:22 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

60 untimed calls to the UK each month for AUD $4.95, thereafter 10c each - https://www.mynetfone.com.au/whirlpool