Phones

Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:02 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phones

Sorry if this is a daft question..we just bought some really nice digital cordless phones....will they work in OZ?

Lucy
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:08 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi Lucy

I don't think so... I have been told by both shipping companies that the phones over here are not compatible with the Oz telephone system....

Sam
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:22 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Phones

Originally posted by lucyb
Sorry if this is a daft question..we just bought some really nice digital cordless phones....will they work in OZ?

Lucy
They will work, but you are not allowed to use them on the Australian phone system as they are not approved
Also the leads would have to be adapted

PJ
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:30 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Put them on E Bay Lucy.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:14 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I would def ebay them, they're no use once you're there...
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:32 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

They will work with a new lead or converter. The phone will probably not be approved but neither is my modem. Ooops naughty me.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 10:46 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
They will work with a new lead or converter. The phone will probably not be approved but neither is my modem. Ooops naughty me.
Bondi,

What sort of lead or converter would you need for a digital phone to adapt to an Oz home phone system ? and is it readily available in Oz ?

Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

onepommie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default leads

Most phones (not all) have a plug in lead that converts us to uk.
unplug it buy a standard lead from(dick smith,bunnings ect) and they will work fine. The only differance in phones sold here is they have a approved sticker on them.same phones
Old Jul 20th 2004, 11:45 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Phones

when you say digital, do you mean like a DECT (the european digital standard) phone? i bought one a year ago in brisbane, and it still works today

if you can plug it straight into a BT line back in the uk, then as long as you get the adapter you can plug it in here.

Originally posted by lucyb

Lucy
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Corded phones are one thing, but isn't there a radio frequency issue with cordless phones that might make the ACA rather upset?

Jeremy

Originally posted by bondipom
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:58 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

It has to be approved with an Austel permit - as long as you have this you can use them.

Doesnt tell you how to get this though... may just be easier to get some more when you're out there?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:23 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by JAJ
Corded phones are one thing, but isn't there a radio frequency issue with cordless phones that might make the ACA rather upset?
This rings a bell (no pun intended). I recall a thread about this before and someone said that the frequency we use over here interferes with the Australian Emergency Services frequency.

Dont know how correct this is but I have heard that there is a frequency clash.

I sold mine on Ebay and will buy again when I get there.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:44 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

like i said, if it is a DECT digital cordless phone it is ok in australia as DECT is a ratified standard which includes frequency allocations......

Originally posted by ianj
This rings a bell (no pun intended). I recall a thread about this before and someone said that the frequency we use over here interferes with the Australian Emergency Services frequency.

Dont know how correct this is but I have heard that there is a frequency clash.

I sold mine on Ebay and will buy again when I get there.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our cordless phones are pants compared with the ones available in Aus, if you go to Dick Smiths you can buy "Uniden" cordless phone two pack for $179 (£70!) that have a 1000 meter range, compared to ours with a 300 meter range (at best).

Go for the 2.4ghz model.

Phil.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:06 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by philj6969
Our cordless phones are pants compared with the ones available in Aus, if you go to Dick Smiths you can buy "Uniden" cordless phone two pack for $179 (£70!) that have a 1000 meter range, compared to ours with a 300 meter range (at best).

Go for the 2.4ghz model.

Phil.
1000 metre range?! Ditch the mobiles then!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.