Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Phone job interview

Phone job interview

Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:14 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Phone job interview

Hi all

got my first Phone job interview tomorrow night @2300 hrs anyone got any tips?

MC
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Phone job interview

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi all

MC
You have a job interview at 11 pm? That is'nt normal, are you going to work the night shift?

Normally interviews are conducted during normal business hours.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:34 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Phone job interview

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
You have a job interview at 11 pm? That is'nt normal, are you going to work the night shift?

Normally interviews are conducted during normal business hours.
It is normal time in Oz ie 0800hrs on Friday but with 10 hours difference :scared:

M
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Do they have an application pack and or the assessment criteria?

If so you need to get it, print it, read it and prepare a spiel, basically tell them how good you are and why !

not much help I know

andy
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

Not done a phone interview ,myself but my wife had one last week (07:00 am). She said that it was a very relaxed affair and the people were dead friendly.
Relax and be yourself. Good luck, Loz.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

It is normal time in Oz ie 0800hrs on Friday but with 10 hours difference :scared:

M
You'll be fine, put pertinent phrases on paper to jog your memory, have a look at the job specification, if you don't have that get them to email it to you. For instance as i am a nurse and they use a recovery model I would slip in phrases like using the recovery model you would treat the patient holisitically and make sure they are put on the right treatment pathway and their stay in hospital is shorter.

Good luck, look forward to hearing you got it.

Ali x
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi martin!
good luck with the interview!
id suggest getting yourself a very detailed cv printed out and have it in front of you ... then if they ask you anything about your work history you have it all in front of you - nothing like being asked something and not remembering!
Jot down some questions about the job, but if none come to mind just say so - or ask about any social activities the company runs.
make sure you have a glass of water to drink, stand up while talking to them and smile when you speak - it really makes a difference!

let us know how you get on!!

sue x
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:40 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

MC

Congrats. I had a phone interview and I found the slight delay a bit offputting. I had everything written down in front of me but it felt a bit weird sitting in my jammies.

Take your time and all the best.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:51 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

MC
They are the best!!!
Print out lots of questions and pin/tape them all around you. Also phrases and statements that you might not think of when under pressure.

Worked for me! :-)

Neil.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:21 pm
Living in the sun

Thanks for all the replies.
Martin is at work but am sure he will read all and pick up some ideas as soon as he gets in tonight. We wish you all the best with your interviews, anyone still waiting for their visas-dont despair, it will work out Before you know it you will be panicking about packing and saying goodbye to your family and friends.Cheers, Angie.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

ykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura about

Did a phone interview last week and was successful. They pretty much offered me the job after a 20 min chat. I dont think it was because I did such a good interview just that they are desperate for someone with the relevant qualification.

It was at 7.30am and was very relaxed affair - just talked about my experience to date which I had written down in bullet points already.

Best of luck

N
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

MC
The best thing about phone interviews is you can have as many notes in front of you as you like, and provided you don't spend too much time shuffling through them they'll never know! Phone interviews are really popular over here at the moment. I tend to keep a copy of my CV, the job description and print outs of any useful info from their website in front of me. I also do the preparation that I would for a face to face interview, except for the list of questions I usually carry around in my head are scribbled on a piece of paper in front of me. Also, I know it might sound obvious but make sure you have some blank paper and a pen handy incase anything comes up during the discussion that yo might want to reference later in the conversation. Above all good luck
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:43 pm
Living in the sun

Hi all

MC

My God just finished the above phone interview 2300hrs to 0020hrs :scared: and very technical but all went well and much better pay and conditions than I was expecting
so fingers crossed

Thanks for everyones input (it helped)

Martin

Last edited by connollys.home; Jul 27th 2006 at 11:48 pm.