Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Trading Down Under

Phoenix Trading Down Under

Old May 15th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Phoenix Trading Down Under

Hi I used to buy Phoenix cards in the UK and have just realised via my old trader in the UK that there are opportunities to sell the same here. I am considering doing this and wondered whether anyone else did that can shed light on the situation for me here in Australia. There is an initial outlay is there any profit to be made and where would I stand with regards tax etc

Hoping someone can help

Lindsey
Old May 15th 2008, 12:55 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phoenix Trading Down Under

I am a trader (albeit very low key). There is profit to be made but it depends how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. I probably do little more than break even but that is because I just like having the product in my cupboard and have very little time to get out and sell. The question of tax depends on your own personal circumstances - e.g. do you have other employment?

I bought Phoenix cards etc in the UK but only became a trader out here. There is a huge support network, it's a great way to meet people and you can manage your business at whatever level you choose and fit it around any other commitments you may have.

Go for it!

B
Old May 15th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Phoenix Trading Down Under

Hi Thanks for that - I am a bit the same and have loads of the cards in my card box but having seen the new brochure could still order more. Yes I have other employment but only very part time and I thought this would be a way to maybe save for xmas - I know there isn't millions to be made though.

Lindsey