Petty Theft!

Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default Petty Theft!

Our car was broken into last night, smashed a window to get in and all they took was a couple of dollars in small change in the ashtray
I mean what was the point???? There was about $500 worth of tools on back seat and a pair of $300 sunglasses, CD player and cd's.
And all they took was couple of dollars.
Needless to say we now dont leave any valuables in the car, even thinking about leaving the damn thing open might save us on $200 repair bill then
Obviously Novices at work

Claire

(Same Shit different bucket).
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:16 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petty Theft!

Firstly sorry to hear that - but you should be glad it was only the change they took - shouldnt you? I know its hard to hear but be thankful for small mercys

Secondly- I actually asked that question before. Someone on here , also in Perth I think , posted about when they leave the car they leave the ashtray open so that passersby (ne'er do wells) see that there is no change in it and dont bother with the car
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by seang
Firstly sorry to hear that - but you should be glad it was only the change they took - shouldnt you? I know its hard to hear but be thankful for small mercys

Secondly- I actually asked that question before. Someone on here , also in Perth I think , posted about when they leave the car they leave the ashtray open so that passersby (ne'er do wells) see that there is no change in it and dont bother with the car
Sorry didn't mean it the way it read, were very thankfull that is all they took and think ourselves extremly lucky!! We have learnt our lesson and now leave it completly empty and yes with the ashtray open.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:31 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Sorry didn't mean it the way it read, were very thankfull that is all they took and think ourselves extremly lucky!! We have learnt our lesson and now leave it completly empty and yes with the ashtray open.
No no probably just the way I read it. Like I say was sorry to hear it.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
Feel for you mate and thanks for the tips as I leave everything in my car (inc the kids)! Do you think they'll nick them? On a serious note, why did they only take a few $$$'s? They must have been youngsters. Someone older would have taken the tools, CD's etc Good luck with it all X
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I've only been broken into once fortunately (playing tennis in Bristol, staying in a nice area, but St Paul's was over the hill). At the time I had a BMW without a radio/cassette player. They broke in, smashing a back window and took nothing, leaving me with a repair bill. The police didn't bother (took down details, yawn, yawn), said it happened to hundreds of cars each night, they're after drug money you know, got a letter over a year later to say case closed, unsolved.

I don't leave valuables on view, the ashtray is open and the loose change is under the mat.

OzTennis
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:37 am
small steps long journey

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I've only been broken into once fortunately (playing tennis in Bristol, staying in a nice area, but St Paul's was over the hill). At the time I had a BMW without a radio/cassette player.
OzTennis
You just posted that to let everyone know you had a BMW.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glittababe
Feel for you mate and thanks for the tips as I leave everything in my car (inc the kids)! Do you think they'll nick them? On a serious note, why did they only take a few $$$'s? They must have been youngsters. Someone older would have taken the tools, CD's etc Good luck with it all X
LOL seang no was me, reading it back sounded like i wanted them to take the lot! But my point was...was it worth breaking a window and risking being caught as it was right outside our bedroom window for a merely $2 tops !!when they could of had alot more.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

You just posted that to let everyone know you had a BMW.
I hasten to add it was a 316 and we couldn't afford to buy the radio/cassette which was extra. It was a poor car actually - too expensive to service, repair and things started to go wrong before I had 80K miles up. The policeman actually said they break into Beamers because they all have stuff worth pinching.

Japanese cars for us ever since.

OzTennis