Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pets travelling together?

Pets travelling together?

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

No Idea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets travelling together?

I have just had a quote for my two Burmese cats (small cats) to travelback to Oz for 2000 Euros. This is twice the price I paid for when we travelled over here 2 years ago!!!!

Has anyones pets travelled in the same crate? The company said that the cats cant travel in the same crate as it has to be sealed....although the cats travelled together in the same crate from Oz to France....bizare........

Also anyone manage to do a DIY travel arrangements. I have to do all the paperwork etc, customes clearance, travel to Paris with them....why pay the pet travel agency to book the ticket????

Cheers
Felicity
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets travelling together?

Originally Posted by No Idea
I have just had a quote for my two Burmese cats (small cats) to travelback to Oz for 2000 Euros. This is twice the price I paid for when we travelled over here 2 years ago!!!!

Has anyones pets travelled in the same crate? The company said that the cats cant travel in the same crate as it has to be sealed....although the cats travelled together in the same crate from Oz to France....bizare........

Also anyone manage to do a DIY travel arrangements. I have to do all the paperwork etc, customes clearance, travel to Paris with them....why pay the pet travel agency to book the ticket????

Cheers
Felicity
My 2 cats will be travelling in the same crate but with a divider between them. It's apparently a type of mesh so they will be able to see each other.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets travelling together?

Originally Posted by No Idea

Cheers
Felicity
My two cats were supposed to travel in one crate, but a day before the flight we were advised that this is not possible, so we had to buy another crate from the pet transport company. They said that most airlines nowadays don't accept them in one crate (although I experienced the same as you, coming back from Oz a few years back they were allowed in one crate).
The price seems a bit dear to me, we flew from Germany at it was about
EUR 1200 for just the flight including everything around it but not quarantine etc.

Cheers

Katie