Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pets and emmigration

Wikiposts

pets and emmigration

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default pets and emmigration

again sorry folks Now the we are on the last stage and hoping to go before March (well wishfull thinking anyway ) My dogs need their boosters updating because its due in Feb. What I was wanting to know is , is there anyone that has done most of the work themselves ? ie after getting the vet to do all relevant injections and organise the health certificate. Can the vet give the ordinary booster without the leptospira because otherwise we will have to wait the six months before they can emmigrate. Sorry peeps my vet has the weekend off so I can only ask him on Monday afternoon. I have the number where I can get the proper carriers. I know I can book them onto the flight. I have some info about the quarintine over there. Its just all the paperwork required here. Im starting to panic now

Can someone give me the step by step way to go about it and let me know approximately how long the whole process takes.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Silky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of lightSilky Chicken is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: pets and emmigration

Dont' have a step by step .... yet! But these links might help you, you're vet has to be DEFRA approved btw.

http://www.petexports.co.uk/australia.html
http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...A3258B9D2F806A
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

The last link is useful ... just in case you do come back to the UK, if you do what is suggested and you have to come back for any reason with your pets, then they won't have to go into the 6 month quarantine period required for animals coming into the UK.

HTH

Sara
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:13 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
again sorry folks Now the we are on the last stage and hoping to go before March (well wishfull thinking anyway ) My dogs need their boosters updating because its due in Feb. What I was wanting to know is , is there anyone that has done most of the work themselves ? ie after getting the vet to do all relevant injections and organise the health certificate. Can the vet give the ordinary booster without the leptospira because otherwise we will have to wait the six months before they can emmigrate. Sorry peeps my vet has the weekend off so I can only ask him on Monday afternoon. I have the number where I can get the proper carriers. I know I can book them onto the flight. I have some info about the quarintine over there. Its just all the paperwork required here. Im starting to panic now

Can someone give me the step by step way to go about it and let me know approximately how long the whole process takes.

Thanks in advance
Yes the boosters can be given without Lepto. Any vet can do this but it has to be an LVI vet who does blood test and don't forget they have to be microchipped.

Have you had a quote from Golden Arrow (01588 680240) they are very reasonable and sort out all the paperwork for you. They will give you a breakdown of costs and send you information that if you still choose to do it yourself will come in handy.

Good luck
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Thanks Sara and Sel. The vet is approved by defra. I will give Golden Arrow a call for info as well.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:26 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

check out link tells you exactly what you need to do regarding paperwork

http://www.daff.gov.au/corporate_doc...og/infosh2.doc
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sel
check out link tells you exactly what you need to do regarding paperwork

http://www.daff.gov.au/corporate_doc...og/infosh2.doc
Thanks Sel, I've just saved it to print off.