Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pets and Brisbane rental properties

Pets and Brisbane rental properties

Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:53 am
Just Joined

alpinewave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pets and Brisbane rental properties

Hey, does anyone know any Brisbane estate agents that let properties allowing pets?? or where i can find properties that allow pets?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets and Brisbane rental properties

Have a look at realestate.com.au. We rented with two dogs for years in Brisbane.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

thanks KIM67, will do, much appreciated.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
Have a look at realestate.com.au. We rented with two dogs for years in Brisbane.
My landlord asked for cash
Old Aug 1st 2009, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

You bribed your landlord?
Old Aug 1st 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

I am under the impression its more to do with the home owner than the real estate agent. Some mind, some don't.

I'm in one now where i know i could have a pet if i wanted one.

Jazzys
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jazzys, yeah, i thinks it's probably better to talk to the home owners directly, much appreciated.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alpinewave
Thanks Jazzys, yeah, i thinks it's probably better to talk to the home owners directly, much appreciated.
To be honest you probably won't be able to talk directly to the home owner.
they have a real estate agent handling the rental for a reason. and thats so they can deal with it ALL.

You'll just have to take every rental as an individual entity, some owners don't mind pets, some are dead against it. But its all dealt with by the agent.

Jazzys
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Ok Jazzys, have took your advice onboard, thanks for your help again.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alpinewave
Ok Jazzys, have took your advice onboard, thanks for your help again.
Hi

You will find that some owners are happy with pets and some are not. We had 2 cats and 2 dogs......but I kinda "forgot' to mention the cats at our rental....and of course my dogs NEVER come into the house . Tell them your dogs live outside. At inspection time....just make sure the dogs ARE outside though!!

If things are beginning to get desparate, offer to pay 6 months rent in advance - that's usually a good sweetener.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep agree to tell them that your dogs live outside and don't actually tell them about the pets until you're fairly well into the application process. Go house hunting in a suit and tie and you will be amazed at the difference in attitude from agents, your pets will seem much more acceptable if you come across well.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Yep agree to tell them that your dogs live outside and don't actually tell them about the pets until you're fairly well into the application process. Go house hunting in a suit and tie and you will be amazed at the difference in attitude from agents, your pets will seem much more acceptable if you come across well.
Or they might think you're crazy
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again for the advice people, i should of explained earlier, i have 1 cat but i suppose the same would apply.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fish.01
Or they might think you're crazy
We've been house hunting in jeans and tshirts on weekends and not been given the time of day - been in on a week day with husband in business attire with the kids in their private school uniforms and treated like royalty by exactly the same agents.