Pets

Old Jul 14th 2006, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough
Question Pets

Has anyone taken their pets to Australia and done the whole paperwork and process themselves?
If so can you give me any help or advice?
Do we have to use an Import company?
Any advice or links for information would helpful.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Pets

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
Has anyone taken their pets to Australia and done the whole paperwork and process themselves?
If so can you give me any help or advice?
Do we have to use an Import company?
Any advice or links for information would helpful.

Thanks

my parents did the process themselves for their dog a couple of years ago. all the paperwork and info is found on the AQIS site. my dad is pretty organised mind you, and seeing the reams of paperwork and all the dates you had to get blood tests done and sent off all over the place scared me so when we got our visas we used airpets in heathrow for our two cats (cats are easier than dogs as they dont need blood tests done, just their vaccinations up to date and microchipped) as we had such a lot of other stuff going on too. if you are organised and can handle a million and one things going on at the same time then you will save money doing it yourself. you have no requirement to use a company.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will find it is very difficult to do the process yourself now as the airlines won't take bookings for animals from individulas only from companies. I believe they stopped allowing individuals to do it as there were too many mistakes on the paperwork being submitted so it was causing alot of hassle for everyone involved
Old Jul 15th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i started out trying to do it myself for my two and was given the total run around by qantas.... who, after making me speak to people in Sydney, london and LA, decided that they wouldn't accept my booking as an individual!!