pets

Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

malpjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pets

hello,has anyone taken their pets with them when they have migrated,i dare think of the alternative,thanks
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:58 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pets

Originally posted by malpjc
hello,has anyone taken their pets with them when they have migrated,i dare think of the alternative,thanks

Yeah m gonna export 2 cats, take a look at this thread, theres plenty of info

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239374
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Hi,

yep, have done so! My 2 little cats are still at quarantine station, but only a few days to go from now on, actually it will be Sat morning when they get released and are coming to their new home eventually.
They've done really well, are in good health condition. The people at the quarantine station (Eastern Creek, Sydney) are lovely and very caring, i can tell.

Is there anything you would like to know in specific?
One thing to mention though is, that i've been migrating from Germany, so i don't know whether the process would apply.

Regards,
Sonja
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:35 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi

We are taking our dog Jacob with us to Oz. We are using Golden Arrow Shippers (can let you have their details if you want)... They get a good write up on here that's why we chose them!!

Cheers

Sam
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your replies,i would like more info if possible.
cheers
Old Jul 14th 2004, 5:59 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi

Here is the number for Golden Arrow Shippers - Chris Sorenson...
They are in Shropshire!!

We were quoted £1434.00 to send our dog to Sydney (British Airways) but only until end of August when it would go up by about £400..... This includes all costs except blood tests and quarantine at the other end!!

Hope this helpds and Good Luck....

Sam
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

We sadly have just been to the Vets today with our 17 and half year old Cairn Terrier Flossie, we've been putting it off for ages but it had got to the stage where she had unfortunately become incontinent, was deaf and almost totally blind.

She had no quality of life anymore, so after talking to the vet we did what was for the best and had her put to sleep.

My wife asked me to take Flossie into the vet as she knew she would end up crying! I have to say I was probably worse than she would have been.

But in the end I know we have done the right thing, and we have to remember her as she was before she started going downhill and remember all the happy times the family have had with her.

Sorry to sound so maudling but even though we knew we would probably end up having to make this decision it probably hit me more than I thought it would.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:48 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by PHIZA
We sadly have just been to the Vets today with our 17 and half year old Cairn Terrier Flossie, we've been putting it off for ages but it had got to the stage where she had unfortunately become incontinent, was deaf and almost totally blind.

She had no quality of life anymore, so after talking to the vet we did what was for the best and had her put to sleep.

My wife asked me to take Flossie into the vet as she knew she would end up crying! I have to say I was probably worse than she would have been.

But in the end I know we have done the right thing, and we have to remember her as she was before she started going downhill and remember all the happy times the family have had with her.

Sorry to sound so maudling but even though we knew we would probably end up having to make this decision it probably hit me more than I thought it would.
Oh I'm sorry that must have been awfull, At least she isn't in pain anymore.

Kala
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kala
Oh I'm sorry that must have been awfull, At least she isn't in pain anymore.

Kala

Thanks Kala.

Looking on the brightside, we have found people who can look after our other pets.......a Leopard Gecko (a lizard), a Rabbit, a Guinea Pig and Five Goldfish from the garden pond !
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

17 years is a long time. I've only had my eldest cats for 3 years, and would be incredibly upset if anything happened to them, so I can only imagine how you must feel. Have a wee tipple.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:55 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks Kala.

Looking on the brightside, we have found people who can look after our other pets.......a Leopard Gecko (a lizard), a Rabbit, a Guinea Pig and Five Goldfish from the garden pond !
Blimey what you running, a farm????
Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

hi, sorry to hear about that,and yes you did the right thing.last year i had to do the same thing,our dog had already had an operation to have cancer cut out ,she lost the whole left side of her boobs.a couple of years later she started breathing heavy,i took her to the vets and they took x rays and the cancer had come back and spread to her lungs.the vets said it might not be cancer and that they could treat her.i had prepared myself for the worst and we were really talked into having this other treatment,2 days later i was back down there,i had phoned up and asked them to put her to sleep, the treatment hadn't made a bit of difference and we had to go through all the emotions again.while we were in the waiting room maggie kept nudging me with her nose and that was it ,full on waterworks,so i know what you went through.all i can say is your little flossie isn't suffering and really,is better of.i know it's naughty but i encourage my dogs to get on the bed and have a cuddle before they go and settle down and the first night without her bloody started me of again so expect to get upset a few more times,as you said you have got all the memories.best of luck
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Stompy Spod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Just wanted to say that I am really surprised at how many people are emmigrating and taking their cats with them. We have 2 cats and are trying to emmigrate to Oz. Its been a really heart-wrenching decision but we've decided that taking our cats wouldn't be the best thing for them. From what I've heard, dogs tend to do well after emmigrating, but cats don't. I think Its important to put the welfare of the animals first when considering taking them to a different country. At the end of the day we felt that their welfare was more important than the fact we will miss them terribly. Having said that, am absolutely gutted to think of leaving them and am happy to hear some nice stories of how cats have settled in well after relocating.
Thanks and sorry if I've sounded negative.
Stompy Spod
PS we're hoping to give our cats to our next door neighbours who adore them!!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kala
Blimey what you running, a farm????
I like that kala With four kids as well, yeah it sometimes feels like it!

Thanks Everyone very much appreciated, sorry malpjc I didn't mean to hijack your thread.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 5:09 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stompy Spod
Hi
Just wanted to say that I am really surprised at how many people are emmigrating and taking their cats with them. We have 2 cats and are trying to emmigrate to Oz. Its been a really heart-wrenching decision but we've decided that taking our cats wouldn't be the best thing for them. From what I've heard, dogs tend to do well after emmigrating, but cats don't. I think Its important to put the welfare of the animals first when considering taking them to a different country. At the end of the day we felt that their welfare was more important than the fact we will miss them terribly. Having said that, am absolutely gutted to think of leaving them and am happy to hear some nice stories of how cats have settled in well after relocating.
Thanks and sorry if I've sounded negative.
Stompy Spod
PS we're hoping to give our cats to our next door neighbours who adore them!!!
Do you know what experience they have to go through? Obviously a blooming long flight, but do they get put to sleep or anything, are they fed and watered during the journey, are they warm enough, what happens at the other end... will they be able to cope with the heat and bugs...questions questions! I'd be interested to know any facts you have found out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.